Facelift Fogs ?

Nicknacknu

Ex. Club Member
Hi, i got a set of foglights from robert (which arived today :D Cheers rob), but im having trouble with the wires, one side is spot on the cable is long enough to fit, so i pluged it in and bolted the fog light in, but it wont switch on :glance: , could this be because they both arnt pluged in, so problem number to, on the passanger side the cable is about 5cm long, no where near long enough to reach to the fog light, do i need some sort of harness or can i just extend the cable myself ????

any help is appriciated, cheers guys

nick.

Glad they got to you ok :)
I'm no good with electrics so not sure how much i can help..

But on the side the wiring doesnt reach, if you take the fog out of the bumper and connect it to the wiring, do they switch on ok?
At least then you'll know if it's not working because they both need to be plugged in! Wouldn't have thought that would cause a problem though..

Maybe a problem with the switch or wiring somewhere along the way, maybe a fuse?

you need a relay that goes into the fusebox inside the car(above consult port)
and you can extend the wires from the right to the left lamp. i went to a scrap yard and cut a plug and wires from another micra to plug into the left light.

Yeah rob came this morning spot on mate :D

so, do i need a realy for here ??

DSCF2682.jpg

Or here ??

DSCF2684.jpg

im not to sure as far as this goes like, are these avalable from nissan, are they costly ???

PS: can i just cut the plug thats there on the left and extend that one ??

cheers nick.

as arnold says, it the one inside the car. the relay fits into a slot above the ones you can see, it's the slots you can just see behind. bit of a bigger if you've got big hands.
if you go to a scrap yard you can get ones out of engine bay as they are a bit tricky to get out. i have one for sale though ;)

btw, i presume you have the light stalk with front fog switch? if not, then you'll need a new stalk.

yeah i have found that out today by ringing nissan lol, i will leave them just in for now, and if i can be botherd, or have the money will ether wire them to a toggle switch or get the stalks

cheers for all the help guys

nick.

re:fogs

Hi,newbie here,just read the thread above and wondering if anyone can help.The wifes got a 01 k11 micra and i have just brought a new fog lamp kit for a almera 2000- off flea bay because i hear the fogs also fit the micra, just need to know if the whole kit would be suitable to fit straight in (stalk + relay) because they look exactly the same?.also the photo of the relays above is the same as mine(4 already there) ,would i need to replace one with the new relay or does go in the spare slots (top right)that you can just see in the photo??.

ps.Hope i've done this right as i'm not that great on a pc!!

Where to put it is explained in Swipers post. The stalks look similar, but there's a twistable switch to power the front fogs, which you won't have on a standard stalk.

Thanks for the quick reply.But the new stalk that came with the almera fog light kit does have the twistable switch to power the front+rear fogs and i just wondered if the stalk would work on the micra as well?. Should i just try it??,i just didn't want to short anything out or knacker the electrics!!.
What do you reckon??.
Cheers Jay.

Thanks for the quick reply.But the new stalk that came with the almera fog light kit does have the twistable switch to power the front+rear fogs and i just wondered if the stalk would work on the micra as well?. Should i just try it??,i just didn't want to short anything out or knacker the electrics!!.
What do you reckon??.
Cheers Jay.

just try it, that's all you can do. lol. i've tried a n15 stalk in a '98 k11, it worked but not right, i think mainbeam was on all the time and dipped beam was a bit dodgey. you shouldn't hurt anything.

Right i will give it a go on sunday,can anyone just confirm that the foglight relay goes in the spare slots (top right) in the photo above?,or do i change the relay (top left)??.

hi guys, been looking on ebay, breaker yard sites, cant seem to find myself some k11 facelift fog lights! anyone know any particular sites or places that will do them? Thanks much appreciated.

Back