F.A.O dads with micras :D

k11_whore

Steve :)
hello well as nearly all of you know im going to be a dad in 3-4 months and iv just bought a 3 in one pram etc which comes with a newborn carseat, problem is when they did the safety check test fit on my backseats it doesnt sit properly and if i have a crash the car seat will flip when the seatbelt tightens. can you get a wedge at all or would i have to get a car seat base? the car seat fits perfectly in the front seat with no movement what so ever but been advised by everyone not to put baby in front seat as its unsafe and i can see why if the dash was to impact the car seat? and other people are saying if its just me and the baby in the car its wise for me to put in front seat incase the baby chokes or theres a problem that im there instantly and i can see easier, but if was in backseat the baby would be facing backwards out of my eyeview.
dont know what im going to do or get round it as i cant afford a new car at the moment

My newborn seat had a standalone base which the lap belt stayed attached to and when the seat was clipped in the shoulder part went across it as it would on an adult but the handle of the car seat had to be resting on the back rest (rather than upright)

The car seat was part of one of those all in ones (from birth to about 1yr old)

The problem with those all in ones is the car seat is only good for a short time, before you have to get a bigger one

hello well as nearly all of you know im going to be a dad in 3-4 months and iv just bought a 3 in one pram etc which comes with a newborn carseat,

Congratulations! I'm due to be a dad in 5 months too, so also going through the car seat situation. Not sure about Micras as I don't have one but I imagine it would be very similar to the Corsa, and we're having to get the base that secures in for the car seat we've bought. Don't have that isofix points. I think it's unsafe in the front if you have an air bag, as that's dangerous.

Oh and I'm maybe even considering getting rid of the Corsa for something bigger

congratulations to you 2 arnold :) iv tryed nearly every car seat out there but none fit apart from the fixed first class seats which cant use in a pram, now micras arent roomy so i dont want one of them, just searching the internet now karlj for a standalone base seat to fit the carseat i got with pram but theyr really hard to find, have a hauck car seat btw

tell a lie just noticed i spelt the hauck wrong in search engine iv found loads of the standalone bases, think im sorted so it fits woop :)

mine was mama's and papa's, might still have the car seat but we'll be tying for a second in the future (knowing my luck sooner rather than later)

I thought the K11 had isofix points or atleast the facelifts did?... On the subject of not being able to see the baby there are these round domed mirrors you can get, that strap around rear head rest so you can ee baby and baby can see you... Think you can get them from any mother and baby type store as well as prob boots/asda etc...

No whether you have rear head rests is another point but I'm sure you can adapt it somehow!?

Finally, congratulations to you both!

they tried nearly every car seat odd_ball and they all slid so baby would face plant the rear seat cushion, buying a fixed seat base though so problem is sorted i hope, just got to test fit when i receive the delivery, and with the baby facing backwards out of my view, iv found a mirror that will attach to rooflining so itl reflect into my rear view mirror, thanks for all the help guys muchly appreciated, oh and another thing im expecting in post is 2 custom sun shades for rear side windows with the msc logo and website and a picture of the k11 as the design iv done :p will look cool IMO

Back