EXPERT ADVICE NEEDED

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
LX - Normally no power steering or A/C - but both were options, front disc brakes, rear drum
SLX - Power Steering / A/C, front disc brakes, rear drum I think
Super S - All of the above, 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS etc...

Lot of other differences, but they are the main ones I think

Super S is highly sort after, but can be a tad hard to find. I had an LX (sold yesterday) and loved it (Had A/C but no Power Steering)

But as above, search and ye shall find :)

CMF_Wallie

» CMF Member
essentially mechanically wise the super S i pretty much a combo of the SLX & LX but also being a sports model has rear discs, ABS & a nicer interior than the LX, but all this can be swapped over into an slx well all accept the the door cards & rear side trims if your wanting 4door convenience & can find someone wrecking a Super S

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

Power steering and air were options you could order with SLX, I know as I bought mine when they were still new.
I had another series 2 Slx with out air or power steer.

Trim level lowest in LX , highest in Super S and not bad in the SLX.
Unique to the Super S (when new) were the wheels, the steering wheel, the ABS. Some had sunroofs, not all I've been told.

Identicle running gear across all models so no performance gain.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"33driver WROTE:

Power steering and air were options you could order with SLX, I know as I bought mine when they were still new.

I had another series 2 Slx with out air or power steer.

Trim level lowest in LX , highest in Super S and not bad in the SLX.

Unique to the Super S (when new) were the wheels, the steering wheel, the ABS. Some had sunroofs, not all I've been told.

Identicle running gear across all models so no performance gain.

</div>

Well technically speaking the base model LX will be a "tat" quicker as it has less creature comfort to weight it down compared to the other 2.

Back