exhaust help

Hi people
noob looking for some help with exhausts =]
I know this has been covered rather a lot but I still cant seem to find definitive answers to my questions..
I have a 2001 1.0 im doing as a road/rally car and wana improve the exhaust, was thinking about a janspeed fast road mani and a pl exhaust system;

.first of all will this combo fit my car?
.I understand il need to fit a sender boss the mani?(not a problem)
.and the last and most important question is will the car pass the MOT with this combo onit, read some posts saying it wont??

sorry for the nooby questions and thank you in advance for all the help =p

james,

the pl system is 1st cat back james (pre coilpack) and the 4-2-1 ashley and janspeed mani,s join at the 2nd cat

I can say for sure it will NOT pass an MOT, unless I am very much mistaken.

Can't say about the exhaust

@Frank may know a bit more.

Wow speedy reply's, Thanks!

Right so that combo wont work on my car, what would you guys suggest ??
new to the whole car modding, bikes are my thing!!

thanks againg for the reply's!!=]

Wow speedy reply's, Thanks!

Right so that combo wont work on my car, what would you guys suggest ??
new to the whole car modding, bikes are my thing!!

thanks againg for the reply's!!=]

The PL exhausr system, if mounted to a 2001 car (Like mine) will hang quite low as the PL system was designed for pre 2000 cars.
So, get a pre 2000 exhuast manifold and catalyst, smash the ceramic out the catalyst so it's more free flowing.
The PL system will theoretically fit no problems then...

Or

Get a custom stainless exhuast system from the manifold back for about £300 :)

a pre-coilpack mani/cat and pl system will give some (legal) gains james, but the 4-2-1 will give the most gains tho :)

cheers people, so il grab my self a pre-coilpack mani and cat then the pl exhaust is all good for my car?
im presuming its a straight swap between the mani's? also what kind of induction kits would you suggest/what do you use ??

thanks, james

cheers people, so il grab my self a pre-coilpack mani and cat then the pl exhaust is all good for my car?
im presuming its a straight swap between the mani's? also what kind of induction kits would you suggest/what do you use ??

thanks, james
that system would be a straight fit mate (a couple of members have the same) you might need to fit a 2nd lambda thread near the driveshaft, if your MIL lights up
induction kits are a bit hit and miss i find, and you can end up running very lean @ wot, i did some experimenting :) a while back http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=65695

Back