exhaust bore sizes?

I've just had a new tail pipe fitted on my 1.2 gsx.I'd bought it offline(giving my registration)& took it to a friends to fit.He managed to get it on..just! It was a really tight fit & didn't go very far on to the front silencer.It's now blowing from not sealing properly & i just wondered if anyone knows whether the 1.0 & 1.2 exhausts had different bore sizes?
Thanks for your help.

thanks for that i'll try & measure it up.It might just be down to different aftermarket exhausts but i thought maybe because this is the 60bhp & not the 54 one they might be different:confused:

The old front pipe may need a good clean up. Carbon build up might contribute to the stiff fitting :)
If you need an outside diameter measurement I'll get that

thanks for that andy.i'm going to have to wait as i can't get under the car at mo because of my back.I'll end up staying there!
Was hoping someone might have a k10 parts book to check if there's two types.I guess i'll just have to buy a front silencer from the same stockists i got the back one from(europarts)

Right,Different dealers are offering me different exhausts & i mean totally different.The exhaust i was told i needed today didn't have any silencers on it...basically just a pipe.The one i have on it has 2.
Any one on here have a gsx 1.2 60kw? Would be great if you could tell me what your exhaust is like.

Thanks Andy,that's the one.I tried to buy one like that off them but they were adamant i needed the straight pipe.Can't see how that would fit a k10.thanks for your help mate.

No worries mate happy motoring :)
Garages think they know everything unfortunately. Sometimes they just need politely informing

Back