Excellent cheap subwoofers...

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
For those who are interested, the JBL GT4's are great sub's that can handle much more than their rated 250wrms. JBL are replacing them with their new GT5 sub's and therefore lots of places are trying to clear their GT4 stocks, which means bargains for the consumer!

Check this price out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-GT4-12-12...hZ014QQcategoryZ18805QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Better than any cheap Magnat/Fusion/Infinity/Pioneer/Mutant, etc and less than £30 delivered to your door, why not buy 2 :wasntme:.

I might buy a pair for the new install, although I really like my JL :(

I've had one of these and they really do sound great, mine still sounded good when I split the cone and repaired it with duct tape.

Shame they don't come in 18" versions....

The box is more than the subs, if you can then build your own, much better!

But yes, excellent subs for the cash.

olly they do 15's for a bit more money. A few guys over on talkaudio are going to buy around 8 and build a nice cheap wall setup in their cars :).

I might buy 2 just to play around with, i have nearly 2kwrms on tap to play with!

If you want a sweet setup go for the MTX Jackhammer. 22 inches and I think it cost's around £3000 however the car needs stiffening up or the chassis would buckle with the weight of it

If you want a sweet setup go for the MTX Jackhammer. 22 inches and I think it cost's around £3000 however the car needs stiffening up or the chassis would buckle with the weight of it

The Jackhammer has been proven to be rubbish. The new RE MX/XXX are better subwoofers with over 4" of throw, they are hitting higher numbers :)

Are Kenwood KFCW3010 any good?

l113W2510-f-1.jpeg

They're 12" and are a pretty cheap but good alternative.

you want a speaker?..... clarion made a 42" speaker....lol 10,000W.....haha

but theres one guy that made a 60" speaker...lol

thats one louud garage door.!!..lol

60_inch_subwoofer.jpg

60_inch_subwoofer_2.jpg

60_inch_subwoofer_3.jpg

^yeh i remember that.. are there some vids of that on the net??

ps. yep the jbl gt4s are cheap and cheerful classics... i heard a gt5 yest and that was quite cool!!!

good thread

Check the website.... :)

and its actually a SQ subwoofer, not really designed for all out SPL. The RE MT is for that job. Still goes silly loud though.

I guess thats great for rupturing ear drums!
I wonder, with a sub that powerful if you accidentally hit the 'brown noise' whilst playing with a signal generator for an input....

i want tht huuuuge sub just so i can put it in like the back of a transporter and set it to play the same frequency glass resonates at.

next time the chavs hang out down halford ill pop along and boom no more modeo windscreens :devil:

yep yep typo typo!

Igloo I thought u had your system sorted out? I cant remember but I think that amp has 2/3/4/5/6 capability? If so then the comps would sound better off the amp imho. and you'd still have room to play with for a sub or additional speakers.

yep yep typo typo!

Igloo I thought u had your system sorted out? I cant remember but I think that amp has 2/3/4/5/6 capability? If so then the comps would sound better off the amp imho. and you'd still have room to play with for a sub or additional speakers.

No, that amp is a mono amp, hence the 1202.1 at the end :)

Gurpreet i did, Got half way through ordering it and then lost the job :(

So im back to ordering new bits again :(

Is that amp too powerful for the speakers? Do i need to amp the front components? Can anyone find a small amp that will do the trick (150RMS should do i believe).

right you are R. I got it confused with this one I used to have:

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2751.html

and its cheaper than the mono one / more flexible...

those components wouldnt really need 150w rms... you could get away with the 60w rms or so from the JBL: GTO-755.6

Examples of how you could use the amp:
4 x 60w RMS @ 4 Ohm + 2 x 107w RMS (6)
3 x 160w RMS + 2 x 300w RMS (5)
2 x 117?? + 2 x 163?? (4)
2 x 170?? + 1 x 380?? (3)

and if you havent got your sub sorted yet may be worth while considering the JBL gt4. So thats my amp recommendation for you.

Wiring is nearly done :) Just got to wire it into the doors, And run the last 2 cables for the HU - AMP.

Power is down the left, Sound down the right (drivers).

Really neat so far :D Just need to do the last few bits :)

Back