Exam Results

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Heh,

Just a little thread for those (inc. myself) getting A level exam results this morning. I woke up at 5am, couldn't get back to sleep. Waiting sucks.

hope they are good for everyone... o_O

Gonna go wash the car to take my mind off it

im an exams manager in a college, this is the busiest time of the whole academic year with people finding out their results and enrolling for courses at different institutions. i will be printing many certificates out for the successful ones but also telling some that they fail..........i wish you luck!!

remember academic results doesnt mean everything!

Tell us how you did! hope you did ok

GCSE comes back on the 24th for me, i hope i got the basics so i can get into college, im really not very smart, like learning about english and stuff ¬_¬ pah.
But if i like it i will really really go into and do good, so hopefully i can do well with cars, cant wait till college :D

YAY :laugh:

Computing A
Business A
Physics (the one i thought i failed!!) C

AS Maths B
General Studies (pah!!) B

So... there must be other people getting results lol...

congrats and good luck, i did so bad at A-level, had so much more potential blady bla lol

Wahey!! :grinning:

History - B
Law - B
Geography - B

Just waiting to find out from Sussex whether they will accept me, as their offer was ABB. If not, then I am off to UWE in Bristol (BBB). Either way though, I am off to do a law degree! Happy days!

Good luck to everyone else - how did you all get on??

jarthur05 said:
Wahey!! :grinning:

History - B
Law - B
Geography - B

Just waiting to find out from Sussex whether they will accept me, as their offer was ABB. If not, then I am off to UWE in Bristol (BBB). Either way though, I am off to do a law degree! Happy days!

Good luck to everyone else - how did you all get on??

oooo law degree huh, someone is not going to stick with his k11 for long! :laugh:

tse_adam said:
oooo law degree huh, someone is not going to stick with his k11 for long! :laugh:

Lol, given the fact that I am staring down the barrels of debt to the tune of about £30k, I will be lucky to hang on to the Micra for the next few years.

Congratulations to everybody that did well.

Something is annoying me however, how the government can say the exams are getting easier because more people are passing. Yet don't even consider that the quality of teaching may be increasing and that students are actually trying to reach their potential!

Yea, that really winds me up as well. To those who say the exams are getting easier, I say try them for yourself. Nobody from my school got good results without putting the effort in - those who didn't bother to work, didn't get decent results.

what they dont seem to be realising is that...... its the marking system that has changed... and its more about "web copied coursework" like mine was ....egherm....but 60% of the grade (an e grade pass even if you dont do the exam) is why more people are passing it......not cos theyre getting easier but cos the government is grading them higher...

im not making sence...

but its basicaly cos of figures.......just like the NHS.....

but to be totally brutally honest, anything lower than a C at A2 you may aswell have just failed it totally. Universities are demanding more, and students are putting the effort in and getting the results.

Now instead of the government playing them down on 'easy exams' maybe they should congratulate the students that we actually have a good education system!

Alienfish360 said:
but to be totally brutally honest, anything lower than a C at A2 you may aswell have just failed it totally. Universities are demanding more, and students are putting the effort in and getting the results.

yeah your right, they arnt getting easier and students dont slack off. Those who do usually end up disapointed

thats brilliant results, oxford or cambridge next?? hehe

I wish lol. No im on a gap year now, then applying for Motorsport Engineering at Loughborough, Brookes or Brunel... those are nice places.

Wahey!!

History - B
Law - B
Geography - B

Well done mate!

Back