Ever own a Commodore 64?

Oh my god!! LOL

Edit - Starting to trip out on the fonts and colours so changing it back hehe!!

Ha ha wicked!!!!

We still have our 64 in the loft somewhere!! Might fish it out now lol!!

we were posh we had a C128* But because most of the software came out in england was made for the C64 we had to use an emulator for it! LOL

god i still remember the old brother dot matrix printer we had - it was very noisey!

wilsonian said:
we were posh we had a C128* But because most of the software came out in england was made for the C64 we had to use an emulator for it! LOL

god i still remember the old brother dot matrix printer we had - it was very noisey!
Oooh get you with your 128!! LOL :D

Most people I speak to nowadays have had a 64 at some point, I know I still have mine and used it last year at some point!

shame you cant have the epilectic fit style flashing colours when pages are loading on the theme... lol only jk

v. nice tho :)

I was addicted to my C64, i had the matching screen, dot matrix printer, floppy drive, tape drive and the super duperly rare cd drive

rlees85 said:
shame you cant have the epilectic fit style flashing colours when pages are loading on the theme... lol only jk

v. nice tho :)
Actually, moderators do, when they select multiple posts to edit, look at the "highlight" colour:
143e878b13db2f.jpg

Also, break out the old retro games:

143e878ecd0005.jpg

Commando is a fantastic game. I remember that on the old spectrum tho, never owned a commodore! Also a game called Power drift, love it!

i use to play the ghostbusters one all the time and never completed it. then 10 years later i get an emulator while at Dr PC and complete it first time round - strange! LOL

I had a C64, and as mike had 1541 disk drive tape drive dotmatrix printer, and a star LC10 colour printer, lol as well as loads of other stuff like audio sampler, music keyboard thing and a hardware i/o unit that i made a robot car thing lol i still have it all too.. :)

C64

Does anyone remember with the compilation cassettes writting down what number each of the games stopped loading at so that rather than going through each game you could just fast forward to that number and then press play brings back great memories,
outrun, pole position,mike reads music quiz,rainbow islands, IK+,gremlins garden, personally I prefered the amiga 500 with new zealand story, batman, operation wolf, double dragon, and the best for last Space ace.

emulators for C64 and amiga?

does anyone know where I can download emulators from for the C64 and amiga 500 from would love to go down memory lane I got an Xbox 360 and while the games look amaizing they all seem so deep now now you cant just pick them play them and then switch off you start playing a game like condemed or Kameo clean shaven then after scraping the skin off the girlfriends face with your proper cave man beard and breaking off the crust off the eyelids from sleep deprevation you realise you have lost three days of your life and you still havent completed the game !!

Amiga - http://www.winuae.net/

Very good. I managed to take images of a load of my old disks and use them, as well as the kickstart/workbench disks.

I had a... Spectrum 48K (awaits flames) :D which is in the loft with my Amiga 1200 & Atari 2600 'woody'.

wilsonian said:
i use to play the ghostbusters one all the time and never completed it. then 10 years later i get an emulator while at Dr PC and complete it first time round - strange! LOL

Same here!
Ghostbusters drove me crazy as a kid, still play it now!

thats great theme. i have a commedore 64 packed away in my closet. the memories lol........... hours spent on paper boy and 720 degree's

Game gear's were class!! I remember playing columns on that, and some F1 game - Super monaco Gp i think? Paperboy was a great game too. Crash into the cat, and the old granny!

8 AA batteries and a bright backlight meant for painfully poor battery life though! I think I managed an hour at best!

there's loads on ebay, and cheap! I dont remember gamegears being that big though!! lol..

i still have an amiga 500 + lol the games and graphics one i think lemings was the way forward and apcolipse

not to mention desert strike

Well, if you're ever feeling in a bit of a retro mood, then check out our new C64 theme! Added as a bit of a laugh, change it in your control panel, or by clicking here: http://www.micra.org.uk/forums.php?styleid=7

James :)

What muppet thought this one up!

(Y)(Y)I found my old C64 lying in mum's attic a while back and I think we got it in 1985, its been chucked up there since 1991 (since I left school). #### now i'm feeling old and i'm only 35:p:p

Haha! Talk about thread from the dead! I've still got my C64, I love it! I even wrote a few things in BASIC on it too! (Y)

I wrote loads of stuff in basic. Some of it was so long it overspilt the basic ram and caused it to crash hahaha. I had mine controlling robots when I was 10 with an interface board I soldered (!) and as a music to light disco light controller lol

Ever had a Sinclair zx spectrum or

a Amiga a500 cartoon classic edition had accolade duel test drive on it (cars had snoopers in them), no game beats that, about 8 disks to load up lol ?????

I had a a commodore 64 with **** tracey and a gun, bad-a-man!!!!!(Y)[/QUOTE]

had a few in my time acorn electron, zx80,zx81, ql, spectrum +3 ,vic 20,amiga 600,1200 with the 040 processor card, cd32, pc's from the Ibm XT to the latest i7 quad core

how dug up the 3-4 year old thread lol

Exile for the C64...quite advanced for it's time i reckon, still fun to play now!This thread is as out of date as me :)

Back