Envy

Really don't know much about Minis so out of curiosity bought a copy of Mini World at Smiths. After just a few pages I started turning green with envy at the sheer volume of equipment that is available for those little brutes.
You could build an entire car ( at a price) out of a catalogue. I like my Micra but it's almost enough to make me a convert. Just wish we had half the stuff available that Mini owners do.

S

It is frustrating sometimes, because if you want to go for a certain look or style, parts will probably have to be made to fit, or designed for another car and modified, it puts alot of people off

but the positive side to that, is that you don't see many modified micras on the roads. We'd just be as chavvy as Clio's and Corsa's if you could buy thousands of parts for them. The rarity i think surprises people when they see one, but you also get alot of people asking why! lol

there is literaly thousands of bolt on performance enhancers for the mini, and they are very easy to tune for power, but they rot for fun, I've owned about 6 or 7 minis in my time and have had to constantly be underneath every one of them doing rust treatment or prevention, added to that the need for a bigger radiator if you add any performance aid because they love to overheat, plus the chocolate nuts and bolts that BL used throughout the production of the car would shear off all the time, I got to be an expert at broken stud removal and tapping and dieing, but they are still a great little car and would have another as a toy to mess around with, it's a shame that people are hoarding them away, did you notice that suddenly after they stopped making them that they all dissapeared from the roads and the second hand availability went right down and their price shot up.

if you were intrested i think my brother might be getting rid of his soon clubman saloon with webasto sunroof 1100 engine needs quite a bit of restaration work on it though

I've not got the room or time for a full restoration though, and my wife would kill me if I brought another car home.

but the positive side to that, is that you don't see many modified micras on the roads.

I am seeing a lot more modded Micras around Stockport now though, theres two K11s and one K10 with some bodywork done and half a dozen with big alloy wheels that aren't in the club, I flier every one I see, who knows if they'll join.

ive had 3 modded micras in work in the last week..... a white super s with a full on wide arch bodykit and huuuge deep dish wheels.... however i dont think hes done much else as its slow as...lol

and a standard looking 1.0 micra with dented bodywork....but with a 1.3 super s engine and lightened flywheel.....

we talk for hours..lol

oh and mine too

Thats what I like about micra's, You make to fit :D and with being a simple car its not hard to make parts for them :)

:devil: project sasuage

Ryan.

Back