Engine Speed

F

flash

Does any one else have this problem with the 1.2S When I change gears the engine speed can be 1000rpm to 1400rpm if I stop it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for the engiine speed to drop to 750 to 800rpm. The Nissan garage said all Micra do this.

My mother's '98 Mondeo does this (ok, that's a bit random) and has done from new. I don't know what causes it at all, though I once thought it might be a sticky fast idle thingy. I s'pose it could be the engine changing into an idle mode from somet' else. <tangent>Bizarrely, I noticed that if I put my foot ever so slightly on the gas pedal while idling the revs actually dropped slightly.</tangent>
In conlusion, I'm pretty sure it's not a problem, it's just the engine's normal behaviour.

my mates peugeot did this, were the accelerator is conected, i just took it off, cleaned it and put it back,there was loads of grime around the connection so it kept sticking, don't no if yours is the same, but worth a try i guess

I think it must be a fault with my Micra S 1200 as no one else seems to complain about it.

Back