4 Speed Fan control only having 2 speeds

Hi,

I have a nissan micra s 1.2 03 reg.

I have a 4 speed fan control. Only positions 3 and 4 are working.

So that is off, fast or really fast.

There is no inbetween, which i would love to fix.

I saw a similar thread for the older model, but before i go trying to take things appart, i thougth i would ask your opinions on how to fix this and where to look.

Any Ideas?

Much appriciated.

It's the resistor card, don't know where it is but I'm sure someone will post in a minute with the location. At least you know what part you need now lol.

I thought it was that reading the comments about the older model.

If someone can tell me where it is and how to remove and replace it.

You know what girls are like, i wont know where all the wires go to put it back together again!!

:)

Wherever it is it just slides out and back in again. On the K11 it was in the passenger footwell I think. I'll go google it....

two screws..and i think its under the passanger side of the dash, if you look you should see it (but thats on the k11 not k10)

i have a K12 i think 03 reg. i will go and have a look now, see what i can find.

Cant seem to see anything because its all sealed up. Looked in the glove box and under that too. but just plastic. I take it i need to undo some of the panels or something to get at it.

Any one have any ideas on the k12?

i dont think you have a resistor card, i got similar problem in my k11 and becuase its a late one it has no resistor card, i think the box behind the actual heater controls has everything in it, so not sure if its an easy fix or not, havnt looked at mine properly yet

i have the same problem with mine only number 4 only works, aparently in the k12 they moved the regulater thing which does the switch an its like £200 to have it fixed by nissan. apparently its really hard to get 2................ an they said new technology was ment to make things better ay

Hi chrissie
I dont know how true this is, i phoned up nissan and they quoted me £33 or something for a new resistor card.

I gave them my reg and they checked what i needed for my actual car, so im not so sure, i might phone nissan and have another convo with them

Hay i know the part isnt that expensive but its the fitting of it. they wouldnt fit the part without lookin at my car which was like £60. even tho i said i knew what it was. then you have to buy the part. then pay to have it fitted. so i was quoted just under £200. aparently its not the part but its where its located its hard to get 2 to.

let me know what they say to you cause if you get in done cheap im gona shoot the guys at my nissan lol:upside:

do you know where the resistor card is located? i havent started to undo things yet to have a look as wanted some advice before i do it.

The price i told you was only for the part, and i hoped i would be able to swap them over.

but sounds like its not that easy.
:(

they said that you have to take the whole of the heater bits an the surronding area out to get to it, which is why its so exspensive, cause it takes ages. (not sure exsackly where it is tho).

ive bought one of them CD manual things off ebay for a fiver so when that turns up im gonna have a loo.

will let you know if you dont have it fixed by then.

chrissie

The resistor block should be behind the glove box, according to the manual I have. I've not done it, but it looks like the glove box is held in by 4 screws near the front edge, 2 top, 2 bottom. You can get at them once you've unclipped the door.

Ive got the same problem with my fan switch.

I went to my local Nissan dealer and after asking 2 or 3 mechanics, theyve said that the heater resistor is located above the clutch pedal and you just have to take out two screws and it will slide out.

I havent checked yet, but could any confirm this?

Back