Engine replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dasha

Hi all.

I think this is the right section from reading other posts.

I have a micra 1.0 ls. The square one. Iv had a few problems with the engine recently and has now given up completely i think.

Iv been to a garage to get a quote for changing the engine but they have quoted me £400 for the work. Now i don’t know a whole lot about these things but I thought it was a little bit much. The guy there did say it was a special engine so not entirely sure what’s going on.
Iv seen the engine and i guess it does look different . I have a pic somewhere of it.

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Ta

Yep wack the picture up! There's no reason why it should be that difficult otherwise. Remove the pipes, linkages etc and you could probably even do it yourself with the aid of an engine crane!

Changing it myself aint really an option. i can put water and fuel in it but thats about it. Havnt got the picture with me right now.

cheers

Thats fair enough! Does the £400 include the cost of the replacement engine? and do you know whats wrong with the current one? Is it fixable?

Yes it does.

I just dont know what he ment about it being special. its got a red bits on it where mine isnt. prob just been painted and hes trying to do me over on it.

Ask him how much he's charging for the actual engine, coz a 1ltr k10 engines are under 100 down scrappy's. Also, whats the milage on this new one? There's a lot of questions u ned to ask before agreeing to anythin. K10 engines are very tough, the thought that yours has sounds a bit odd!! Maybe ask this person how much he'd charge to fix the current one and ask what the prob is with it anyway.

What prob's were u getting with it before it stopped completely?

its £400 for both the engine and fitment.

My uncle had a look at it a while ago and said it was miss firing or somthing. but it had just got worse and so slugish. Just jumps around a lot if you know what i mean.

The mechanic said somthing about a valve bunt out. Its really quite smoking to. Looks like one of James Bbond's car going down the road with a smoke screen.

I dont mind getting it changed but just wondered about the engine. He said the car he got it from had 84,000km on it. not a huge amount i guess, mines done 114,000miles as it is. I like the car so i want to keep it. He said the engine he has will be better than the one i have now anyway. Looks better than mine. ha ha.

The only red thing i can think of thats related to MA10 engine's is the rocker cover, and these were only found on the March Turbo / Figaro engine's. There's nothing else that's red.

Arnold said:
The only red thing i can think of thats related to MA10 engine's is the rocker cover, and these were only found on the March Turbo / Figaro engine's. There's nothing else that's red.

Pardon? ha ha. What do you mean? Cheers

Welcome to the club :)

Does the new engine look similar to this:

Figaro-bay.JPG

im verrrry confused but do it! although £400 ? tell u what i should have done that with my engine!

No its not. Its a MA09ERT + you share the same IP as Mulbers... :p I only say that as this looks fishy to me haha, and for some reason (I could be wrong) that engine pic looks familiar.

Ed said:
No its not. Its a MA09ERT + you share the same IP as Mulbers... :p I only say that as this looks fishy to me haha, and for some reason (I could be wrong) that engine pic looks familiar.

Ha ha.

Get some more pic's of it b4 u agree. We'll tell u exactly what engine it is first!!! If it is an ST engine your in luck!! Just don't tell him u think it is lol!! He'll charge twice as much!!

So hang on, mulbers, you are Dasha... in otherwords this thread is a complete waste of time?

Arnold said:
So hang on, mulbers, you are Dasha... in otherwords this thread is a complete waste of time?

Yea i think so.

There is some truth in it though. Wait and see...............

First off, it was a bit of fun to add some humor in the forums. We shall say bye bye to dasha now i think. (Delete the account if needs be).

In a way. Im toying with the idea of an ST or an ST engine for mine. Depends how things go.

Cheers,

Mulbers

Well that was a worthwhile contribution to the MSC.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back