Knackered shocks - Replacement advice?

H

Herr_spl1ff

My shocks appear to have given up just recently, I think due to the lowering springs and general lack of respect I show for my car particularly on speedbumps! :glance:

I'm after replacements, preferably uprated, for minimum cost so wondering if anyone knows about any direct or simple mod replacements from other cars? Eg I've heard a rumour that MK2 (I think) Golf shocks fit...

Also, am I likely to damage my springs running on dodgy shocks?

Cheers

I'm not sure about spring damage (although my front ones have been very bouncy for about a year now and the springs are surviving) but I plan on buying these front shocks soon:
https://sslrelay.com/buypartsby.co.uk/gas-shocks.php?recordID=165
(I already have the rear versions of those fitted and I like them :))

If I don't find anything else, may go for them, can't really afford that at the mo :( Take it they are the gas ones? Will maybe live with the soggy handling till I've got some cash then... :)

Eventually I'm after a set of adjustible shocks designed for something common (cheap!!) like nova, saxo etc which could be made to fit & hopefully readily sourced. I've seen ads in magazines offering sports spring & shock combos for as little as 25 quid a corner & would like something as common, therefore cheap.

I am actually after a front shock for some experimentation, when are you thinking of swapping? That would be much appreciated, cheers :)

Back