Engine issues

As I've recently bought a Micra 1.5 dci (82 hp) I seem to have major issues with the engine. As the engine is cold, the car starts fine. With a warm engine, it won't run. I suspect a broken starter. How can I check this to be absolutely sure?

I've had to call emergency help twice and they checked out some things for me. Battery is for 65% okay, mass is good. We ran a diagonostic test getting a few faultcodes (P0325, P0089, P0670). Also the air temperature sensor is not working; it's constantly giving -40 c.

I don't have any documentation on the car and the last owner won't give permission according to Nissan (it was dealer serviced). Therefore I'm also not completely sure on the mileage of the car. It could be around 150.000 kms or more around 300.000 kms.

What should I do next? What to check/ replace first? I'm a bit handy myself (my stepfather usually does car maintenance), so I don't want to spend unneccessary money at the Nissan dealer..

Frank's right, get the sensors fettled as well. If it thinks the air is minus forty it will be injecting too much diesel. Also, worth cleaning out the EGR valve because it's dead easy and can prevent a dead turbo in the future. Shows you how to do it here :).

Just had a quick google. First code is knock sensor fault. Second is fuel pressure warning. Third is glowplug control circuit. I'd change the fuel filter before worrying about the second code and maybe the third was caused by the almost-dead battery? The sensor circuits and operation on the k9K engine are as dumb as a sack of spanners apparently o_O.

Last edited:
I have bought a new sensor, only lacked time to replace it. Thanks for your link, cleaning the EGR sounds as a good idea! I have used your tutorial for the front shock absorbers as well ;)

Back