Serious issues

So I have a 2004 Micra 1.2 with 64k on the clock with full service history.

Recently I have been having issues it will lose power missfire then the throttle with not respond at all and it cuts out it will then take a while to start and happen again eventually it will run fine again this happens randomly with no triggers that I can see, the car also idles a little rough at times,

I took it to the garage as I don't feel safe driving it, they were unable to find any fault at all with it, so I went to pick it up drove around 3 miles went into a shop came back out started the car and instantly I could tell something was wrong it was running very rough and then the engine light came on, it was no longer driveable as it had no power what so ever, it is misfiring on two cylinders had it recovered to the garage, they are now doing a compression test on it.

Has anyone had the same issue? What was the problem?

Thanks

Sent from my F3111 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Well the engine light will throw up a fault code, so should help diagnose the problem.......

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
As yours is a 2004 car, perhaps you have the dreaded timing chain stretch problem? Seems low mileage for that but depending on oil change intervals and more importantly quality of oil used, who knows? Was the engine at all noisy?