engine flood

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
alritey quick Q, dus any1 have the problem if u stall in reverse for watever reason does your engine flood?? since ma driveway is on a hill it can happen just wonderin if any1 knows why this would be? if it floods i need to leave it for 15/20 min for it to start again:doh:

these engines are known for flooding,,if you stall or run the car for a very short while it will flood

take the fuel pump fuse out and turn it over to get rid of the feul,if you dont wan to wait 20 mins

RIK said:
take the fuel pump fuse out and turn it over to get rid of the feul,if you dont wan to wait 20 mins

That wont get rid of the old fuel as the car still wont start. Hardly ever worked for me. To get the fuel out you will need to take the spark plugs out and turn the engine, this will pump the fuel out from the top. The fuel pump fuse dodge is used to stop any more fuel to be pumped so to stop any further flooding.

it can't come out the top if the top is still stopped with a spark plug.

I've always used the fuel pump fuse method, what does it matter if it works ;)

neds said:
That wont get rid of the old fuel as the car still wont start. Hardly ever worked for me. To get the fuel out you will need to take the spark plugs out and turn the engine, this will pump the fuel out from the top. The fuel pump fuse dodge is used to stop any more fuel to be pumped so to stop any further flooding.

:s

Back