Flooded engine

Hi,

Read a few posts about Micra engines getting flooded being a common issue, apparently if you start it and then it off turn soon after, the engine will flood?

I never had this issue on my 1.0 or my previous 1.4, but my current engine has done this a couple of times now. Both times, the car was started and then turned off and then started yet again and turned off again pretty quickly (so two starts within a few min of one another, I had to do this as we were moving all the cars around the yard), and then on the third time, it wouldn't start. You could hear like it wanted to go, and then pops from exhaust as well.

Both times, I had to put some brand new plugs in to get it to start (both times, as soon as new plugs went in, it started pretty quickly) and both times, I could see top of pistons covered in fuel and wet spark plugs, and the surroundings stunk of fuel as well.

Both of the times it happened was really cold (below 5 degrees celsius). I haven't had any issue since then but I've made sure not to turn the car on and off within a short period of time.

Is this all just the completely normal 'micra engine flooding' problem or is there something else going on? (Just find it weird how I never had this sort of issue on my 1.0 or previous 1.4.)

I've checked plugs today and they look perfect, i.e not caked in black soot, so the car clearly isn't running crazy rich.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks.

It was an issue on early preface K11s. Never had an issue on later K11s or any of mine on standalones.

In your case it'll be just that, a calibration issue, so it's down to who setup your standalone ECU unfortunately.

It was an issue on early preface K11s. Never had an issue on later K11s or any of mine on standalones.

In your case it'll be just that, a calibration issue, so it's down to who setup your standalone ECU unfortunately.

Will also consider this as well, thanks for the reply.

Back