Engine check light malfunction engine control thingy-ma-bob light - car wont start

AlexSi

Buy & Sell Member
Evening chaps

Started the car this morning (first time (as always) but then when I went to turn on the blower to clear the windows the car cut out (dont know whether this is just coincidence or not) but now the car wont start and the orange light with the funny little symbol with 'check' written across it is now staying on.

any ideas?

many thanks

Car: R reg 1.3 GX

mine had that until i disconected the battery to do something reconnected the battery and must have rebooted the system as light had gone everything was working fine ????????? still dont know why it was on lol

ignition switch fail had my eng warning light flashing,,,. fails with current heating the insides,, so when you added heater blower to your circuit load the switch may have RIP'D ,,,one of the things it could be?

right ok ive had another play ... the light stays on and doesnt flash and it turns over but just doesnt start so im guessing if ignition was rinsed it wouldnt complete the connection in order to turn the car over? ... its raining cats and dogs now so il give the fault code process a go in a bit ... cheers for the help so far (Y)

Back