End of the world....?

There saying that world didnt end etc, but to be fair they have only switched it on, they arent gonna start smashing atoms into each other unit the next couple of weeks and over the next few months...

basically scientists want to know why particles like protons,neutrons and electrons have a mass, seeing as these are what makes up the world they believe that the world must of began with a collision of these particles BUT, the particles were travelling a damn sight faster then they will be today, the scientists were hoping to make them collide at a stupidly high speed containing the words gigatetravolt or something like that, the european courts of human rights put a stop to this and now its taking place at a much lower speed for the time being. the same speed in which particles from space strike through our atmospehere millions of times every year,and you dont see any black holes or anything created then do you??? the whole point of this experiment is to see what happens, the world wont end, the world will never end, it contains too much mass,only life itself can end,and it aint happening today, i promise lol

I think it's got something to do with proving once and for all that there are no God/s....Mad Scientists and Religious freaks are always trying to disprove one another....I could find better ways to spend 4.4 billion

is to see what happens, the world wont end, the world will never end, it contains too much mass,only life itself can end,and it aint happening today, i promise lol

Thats rubbish, the earth is stupidly small.

Also no one actually said tht the earth would end they just there is a possiblity. Which cannot be proved or said otherwise without actually doing it.

Thats rubbish, the earth is stupidly small.

Also no one actually said tht the earth would end they just there is a possiblity. Which cannot be proved or said otherwise without actually doing it.

the world is too big a mass just to dissappear

in the grand scheme of things the world is small, but its still a big piece of tish, like i said,the world wont end, life itself will end before the world does,anyways,the experiment has been done,we are all still here, not that there was even a chance we wouldnt be, its all hype, like ermmmmmm fuel prices

The experiment hasn't been done, they won't start the colliding of particles for a while yet. All they did was fire up the accelarator, they've shown that they can safely fire particles at whatever rediculous speed it is 27km X 11 000 times per second iirc

The main reason for the safety fears is due to the americans...Becuase this is taking place on EU soil, if something is discovered or an alterative fuel or something comes out of it, the US will have nothing...even tho they have invested half a million or something like that into this, the world wont end, they know what their doing :)

I had a thought on this one, if they did manage to recreate the big bang, and a new galaxy or universe did form with planets etc, and then they destroyed it, would this make them the biggest mass murderers in history?!

I had a thought on this one, if they did manage to recreate the big bang, and a new galaxy or universe did form with planets etc, and then they destroyed it, would this make them the biggest mass murderers in history?!

No because it would take millions of years for life to develop in that universe, and that depened weather planets form and if there is an earth like planet....

Make you think tho: What if we are an experiment in another bigger universe?

the media have distorted what this experiment is actualy doing, the idea is to create conditions similar to that of a billionth of a second after the big bang there not actualy creating a big bang thats stupid. one of the mains goals of this experimant is to discover the higgs boson partical, this would be a massive step forward in the world of physics if it was to be discoverd

they know in theory what they are doing ;) even a guy interviewed said they'd be opening a new door but as yet didnt know what would be behind it. :eek:

i guess we can start worrying if they teleport in aliens or something...after all if they destroy the earth they're not gonna have to answer to many people are they.

and you think they would tell us if they had already done teleporting

its all been done,there aint much out there that hasnt been done, we just dont get told about it, because the world would go into a mass panic,and probably self destruct lol

like the time there mess up with trying to make a space time machine, and know we have to put our clocks backwards and forwards.:eek:

Back