Emerald ECU / Mapping Enquiry

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Getting closer and closer to having the K11 turbo'd and soon it'll be time to think about the mapping.

Now i know Ed has a brilliant reputation when it comes to the mapping side. I believe it'd work out to just under £500.00 for the mapping from Ed.

A local company to me are Emerald dealers,today they quoted me approx £550 for the ECU and £275 to map it. With Emerald ECUs you can store upto 3 maps.

Someone approached me (who knows alot about turbos etc) and said if i can get the ECU,he can map it for me.

I'd prefer to get Ed to map it,but whats involved? Obviously getting it mapped locally would be alot easier,but then i'd prefer to get it done once and its all sorted (as apposed to going back all the time to get it changed/adjusted etc etc)

How long does it take for Ed to map it and for me to drive away?

Ok forget the idea of a standalone ECU/Emerald ECU,as i'll stick with what i already know :)

Nistune...is that a map added to the stock ECU or is that a whole new ECU unit? Reason im asking all these questions,is because i dont wanna get down to Surrey and its turns out to be more than £500 lol

Nistune is like a chip that is added to the ECU. Kinda like a Dastek Unichip but with alot more functions.

Ayee.

Standalone is by far a much better option, no limitations from the stupid ECU and can be used for lots of things. But in this case its obviously not tested in your situation. Would be nice to have another option for future turboers but everyone wants to stick to what they know works.

Back