electrical problem

Hi,

I have had a browse around but dont seem to be able to find a problem like mine!

I have a k11 micra, i had a problem with my electric window on my drivers side! been like this for a year or so! but with it coming to summer and alot of car parks requiring ticket machines these days, i decided to let one of the people a friend recommended - he checked a few things, the drivers side was going down but not going up. so he checked around for a while, ignition on and off a hundred times whilst he checked things, aswell as battery terminals a few times.

well he decided that he was to try link the passenger side switch over to the drivers (passenger window mechanism has never worked, but the switch was fine!

however during all the checks and to and throw at one point he left the batetry connected whilst wiring the switches across. this popped a fuse for the central locking, he replaced this and thought everything was back ok, but the switch still not working..

However when i was driving it yesterday i realised that:-

A) the stereo wasnt working
b) the internal light wasnt working
c) the speedo wasnt working
d) the fuel/temp wasnt working either

We presume it is smoe sort of earthing poroblem as we have checked all the fuses

Has any one come across this problem previously and be a massive help in finding my result?

thanks!

check all your fuses, inside the engine bay and inside the car, post back when you have pulled each fuse in and out and checked them all

as you have a fuse blown somewhere pay attention to the sidelight fuse in the engine bay

Have you checked the fusible links of the battery? they are not fuses but bits of wire, get a continuity tester on them.

Yes, have checked all the fuses, thus knowing one had blown.

the car starts fine, so it is not the fusable link, fusable link wouldnt stop the speedo, fuel guage etc either would it....

thanks

youve got a fuse blown, continuity test every fuse on the car

either that or something isnt connected

Back