electric windows

Hey.

Im looking into fitting electric windows into my 99 5dr inspiration.

Does any one know how much effort this is? Ebay has plenty window motors and switches etc but what to do about the wiring?

is it going to be like the fog lights where the wiring is already present?

What model k11 had electric windows?

cheers scott

the wiring wont be present. i had to take the original electric window loom from one of my old micras and fit it into another which was getting the power windows fitted. im sure you only need power/negative though and all the relative switches

If you dont have the window wiring loom present at each door side then your gonna have to do what i did, match all the wiring from one side to the other, i done a mock build on my shed as i had the motors and switches wired up and worked well with extended wireing going across the under dashboard.. its an easy job if your a car electrician or know about electronics to suss out, it took me an hour to turn manual windows into electric!! otherwise your best bet for the simple solution is to fit a universal electric window kit.

J

I dont think there is a wiring kit tbh but was just asking to see if some one knew any thing i didnt. Im an apprentice at bae systems so making my own wiring wouldnt be a problem but i just cba. i was hoping there was going to be a simpler idea. lol

Also is there a passenger electronic window control arm rest like the ones you can get for the driver?

scott

Hi ScottJ

"Also is there a passenger electronic window control arm rest like the ones you can get for the driver?"
Breakers, off a higher spec ?

Malc

Hi scott, ive made a diagram to wire the two electric windows together using the original electric window loom, if i find it ill scan it and send it to ya and that will make life easier.. but thats if i find it...... :laugh:

J

Hi scott, ive made a diagram to wire the two electric windows together using the original electric window loom, if i find it ill scan it and send it to ya and that will make life easier.. but thats if i find it...... :laugh:

J
if you have found it can you send the diagram to me aswell please?

cheers

See if you can get the loom off ebay?, theres a super s breaking at the moment. Contact the seller maybe and see if parts are available?

Sorry guys i took real long, jyst remembered and just now scanned it up as i had to look for it in the garage!! ok the diagram looks messy but when you have both motor regulators on a bench (table) and the door looms connected then have a look at the colour wiring and on my dodgy diagram you can see on the middle of the page it has a line going down the middle, the left side is passenger regulator and the right side is driver side.... connect the wires corresponding, now i done a mock build in my garage and had both windows and switches wired up working before fitting them...... any probs post up and ill help as much as...

electricwindowloombypass.jpg

I reckon you guys should save a copy of the diagram and print it out so its an easy access, if i get some time i will re-write the wiring diagram so its much clearer, the diagram was written the day i mock wired it...

J

Yeah no problem, i know it looks like a 5 year old kids drawing LOOOL but it was like one o`clock in the morning and was rushed to sort this out before i went to bed and wanted it done so i quickly jotted it down the way i saw it but as says i will re-make the diagram when i have some spare time on me hands...

Back