electric windows

Glen

Club Member
i have got my hands on a set of electric windows but its from a 5dr and im wanting to put it into a 3dr is it possble to alter the 3dr door cards to make the elctric windows switches fit on to them. also is their any guides on electric windows if so plz let me know.

just a note do u have the wiring 4 elecy windows i havent checked mine properly but knowing my dumb micra im sure it dont have wires 4 the switches or motor

but i was wondering on the actual motor theres 2 pins how would u operate the motor like
im no good with electrics hate the things(aint totally stealing ur thread lol as u could use if some decent advice comes n make ur own switch rather than tryin 2 find some door cards)

1 - left pin = live / right pin = earth = up
2 - left pin = earth / right pin live = down

or just some some other thing

when i got mine of Kris, i got both motors and SuperS switches with a load of wiring that didnt make sense... i managed to get it all working in a bout a day but took a bit of messing, trial and error and that...

>Pass motor 2 wires (Grey/blue and Grey/red)
these clip into Passenger Switch unit via connector block...

>the Passenger Switch Unit has 4 wires (Black, Red, Green & White)

> all these wires trail through car to Drivers switch unit and connect to exactly the same colour wires...

> the Drivers Switch unit also has an adittional Yellow wire which is to the battery, but i just attached to the Red togehter with the Yellow then to suitable Ignition wire ie when key is in and turned on...

then Ground the Black wire and its should all work fine...

as i used the rear demister to source my ign feed i had to change the 15 fuse to a 20 as it kept blowing every few days...

you could also wire direct to battery and have an inline fuse, but then car windows will open without keys...

hope this helps...:)

Back