electric window query

sonic said:
already got them, cheers Craig.

i am planning to install them without using the nissan door cards but instead a set of toggle switches in the middle of the car.

nissan made them interchangable so they wouldn't have to make two molds for the doors :) good old nissan :D

make sure you have a think wire providing the power to the motors because they will need alot of amps and a thin wire will melt!

let us know how you get on :) and if it goes well you could make a guide :p

goodluck mate :)

All I'm doing is replacing the doors on my March, I'm getting a manual window set of doors and putting my electric gear to them, it is a good idea about a guide though.

its not hard at all i have done it on mine (k11 1997)

basically the manual and electric mechanisms have the exact same attachment points to the door so its a straight swap

then you have 2 wires coming from your motor,

at this point i did a google search and got my head around how electric window switches worked (how they reverse the +ve and -ve for up and down functions, its quite clever)

anyway once i got the jist of it, i went to a scrappy and robbed a random car of 2 switches which were attached to the same piece of electrics

then i spent ages with the multimeter finding out which pins on the connector for the switches did what (eg, +ve input, earth, left door up, left door down, right door up, right door down)

then run your wires, solder it all up nice and neat, and locate the 2 switches in between the driver and passenger so you can both access them

i located mine in front of my sunroof wonder and they look cool in the roof

Back