Eitting K10 Clutch kit ? ( thread also placed on General Discussion Forum )

R

rod

Fitting K10 Clutch kit ? ( thread also placed on General Discussion Forum )

Is a K10 "clutch kit" - as generally available - easy to put on by an amateur with the right tools ? The only local machanic here seems to want to re-build the car.
Rod

i dont see why it would be hard to obtain a k10 clutch...and so long as you know what youre doing (k10 haynes, alot more descriptive than the newer ones) then its very much doable.

I did one of these as my first bit of maintanance on a car when i was 17, it went fine. Im sure youll have no probs :)

I had a few problems the first time I did it. Mainly the fact that the box said K10, and the clutch inside said Almera. It was a bit of a trek to go an swap it, and I couldn't be arsed putting it back together again just to drive to the motor factos. So check the parts first.

If you have a bit of common sense, understand the e.g. haynes manual allright and the right tools it ain't that hard to do.

It could be a bit hard getting it all off etc, but it's great pactice for the mechanical skills as well :)
One important tip though: Take your time while doing it (this applies to all the work on a car really). Don't rush it and make sure you have enough time doing it.

And remember, if you put it back the way it came off (in reverse order) you cant go wrong :D

Back