ECUtalk cable and software - any experience?

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
What exactly do you want it for anyway? Never seen the product before but have play with something similar. Obd2 with romraider on subaru which i beleive is similar to what this does. All it does is display engine data through oem sensors through factory ecu. Mainly use for data logging.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
there are all sort of consult diagnostics available now eh (laptop, bluetooth etc) tho most are for obd2
and you should be able to p-n-p a type 4 ecu woohoomobile, our uk complication is the different pinouts on the nats ones.
a piggyback would suffice for n/a fuel adjustments, but the nistune gives full mapping eh

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
ive just ordered one of these - http://www.nissandatascan.com/ combined with an adaptor. Similar to the ECUtalk setup but the clincher for me was that together with a laptop you can log the information, and even include the input of a compatible wideband o2 sensor. Ive also ordered an innovate wideband, so ill see if the product claims are true!

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Well I’ve finally got everything set up. Ended up with:

Innovate MTX-L wideband 02 sensor = $200
Serial to USB adaptor= $30
Stainless bung= $10
Nissan data scan software= $50
ECU talk consult cable= $80

so in total approx $370 to get data logging to my laptop of ECU parameters and the Wideband 02 sensor data. Works like a charm and makes tunning with my little Apexi very useful. I can post some screenshots of the logging if anyone is interested.

I can highly recommend the data scan software. I made a mistake on the order and Tom was very understanding and helpfull. Software is easy to setup and use, and the logging works very well!

Back