Brembo Brakes

They looked fancy :)

Mine were drilled and grooved. Not seen any before or since for that matter.

You'd be better off on a new set of OE quality discs and GreenStuff pads.

Yeah stock power... For now... Planning on increasing the compression soon :)
Got the ga16 air box on it and the Peter Lloyd rally exhaust on it too... And I do drive her pretty hard as I'm a pizza delivery boy haha

Yeah stock power... For now... Planning on increasing the compression soon :)
Got the ga16 air box on it and the Peter Lloyd rally exhaust on it too... And I do drive her pretty hard as I'm a pizza delivery boy haha
GreenStuff pads made the biggest difference for me.

Amazing in the wet too.

do they squeal like piggys when cold? and don't they need to be a certain temp to work effectively? or is the operating temperature reasonably low on the green ones? not too sure on the order of colours with the ebc stuff pads :)

do they squeal like piggys when cold? and don't they need to be a certain temp to work effectively? or is the operating temperature reasonably low on the green ones? not too sure on the order of colours with the ebc stuff pads :)
They come with shims which you trim to size. No squeals for me.

They work best when they have some heat however they are more than capable when cold.

i agree greenstuffs are great pads. theyre more expensive than the brembos though. greenstuffs are designed for smaller cars, so they heat up quickly. yellowstuffs are for mid size cars and powerful hatches on track. red stuffs are full on race pads and need to be really hot before theyve got any decent gripping force.

Don't get slotted/grooved/drilled discs, they eat through pads and have very little affect in road use, might be worth it for race use but I"d upgrade to vented if that were the case.

Don't get slotted/grooved/drilled discs, they eat through pads and have very little affect in road use, might be worth it for race use but I"d upgrade to vented if that were the case.
AFAIK drilling and or slots in rotors was never for cooling but we're mods to clear dirt dust worn brake pads away from the disk pad interface, as I remember drilled were supposed to be more effective as slots clogged up with material but given few newer cars seem to have them anymore the can't be that huge...

I thought it was all about removing "gas" thats generated at high temperatures from say track driving, in effect you end up sandwiching a layer of gas between the pad and disc at very high temps, having slots and grooves gives the gas better chances to escape, prolonging/eradicating the old "brake fade" plus obviously an increase in friction.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You're right about the gases but it also includes pad material etc as well, here's the text from where I first read about it. Please excuse the references to minis...

Disc Mods
Improving the performance of the disc itself has seen three types of modification - venting, slotting and drilling.

Vented discs have become pretty much a standard item on modern cars as a more efficient disc temperature wise can be fitted into a smaller area. This contradicts the 'bigger is better' principle, but modern technology has seen improvements in pad materials, so small cars that are fairly heavy can have good brakes without going to huge wheels to fit them in. The Metro for instance. A smaller vented disc does have slight advantages over a bigger solid disc in the effects of inertia stakes.

Slotting discs has been pretty much misunderstood by many. It is generally believed that the slots are there to improve cooling. They are not. They are there to wipe the pad surface. In operation, the heat creates debris and gases between the disc and pad surfaces - reducing their effectiveness. The slots clear this away. To be totally effective though they need regular cleaning as the debris fills the slots up. Now, it has become fashionable to have loads and loads of slots in discs. AP Racing recommend only four slots in a disc as small as the Mini. Bear in mind that friction area is needed to make the brakes effective - lots of slots markedly reduce the surface area of the disc and thus the available friction area...

Drilling discs is open to the same misunderstanding that slotting is. The same actual reasons apply, except that holes are more effective over time as they are more or less self-cleaning. The only major draw back (apart from going mental on the number of holes - friction area reduction again) is that in discs with insufficient mass - too small in diameter or too thin - they tend to crack and fall apart. I know motorbikes don’t have these problems, but they are a totally different kettle of fish! The 8.4” disc can be drilled - but needs to be done by experts, not at home in the shed - it's your life (and possible other's) that you're fooling around with.

http://www.minispares.com/article/T...6e232b75|3fe4bc83-e1a7-4d2d-a819-a435bbda0a62

We used to have an Evo 8 with brembos as std. They were horrible. Any amount of prolonged hard breaking and discs would warp. So we replaced them with proformance friction 2 piece disks and pads they were awsome! Trouble with fast road pads it there usually a bit noisey and do f@@k all from cold!

Back