ECC Air Box Vaccum lines

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Ok guys this little problem has been bugging me for weeks and i've finally decided to ask for advice.
I've been sorting out the vaccum lines on the super s, i have everything on the engine & manifold side done (except for the EGR valve, which is missing and capped off) all thats left to do is sort out the airbox.
I've had these pipes on about five different ways and the engine doesn't like so for the past three weeks it's been running with a standard airbox on there. So i've got a photo up for y'all to look at and i've labelled the pipes, if anyone who has had an ecc (catted) 1.2 can take a look at this and tell me if i've got them connected right & which ones need to go to the manifold i'd appreciate it.
The winter/summer diaphram is sticking that's why i've left that disconnected, the vac pulls it up so it suck in hot air, but it doesn't return to let in the cold air once the car is warm so i still need to free that up some time.

35838_410909809871_839509871_4201158_153943_n.jpg

well for starters, i would plug the C. then it will suck cold air only, just like micra's with the manual flap
is D connected to the airbox? or is it just the photo?
if i remember correctly, B is connected to temperature "switch" in the airbox. it's the idle compensator, should be connected to inlet manifold

about A i have no idea

Yes D is connected to the box, into a small plastic box (some kind of thermal valve) on the inside.
B & C are both connected to thermal bi-metal switches, they have one each.
It's more a case of where these pipes connect to the manifold side of things, because unlike the normal inlet, the ecc manifold has vaccum nipples that only suck when the engine is at a certain temp, and some of them have more suck than others.
Oh and i almost forgot, C only sucks when it's hot, it has a bi-metal switch.

Back