Ebay central locking kits?

M

m1ck97

Has anyone bought and installed any of the central locking kits found on ebay? If you have how good are they and how easy are they to install and are there any alternative kits?

I'm sick of my mates forgetting to lock my doors. I've had my doors unlocked several times over 1-3 days due to me not checking once I arrive home.

Cheers.

hi mick, i put a locking kit in my car, i got it from maplins , once the motors are in place its easy all the way, just make sure u start doing it in the morning when you know you have nothing planned! welding rod comes in usefull when ur feeding the cables.

stu

Different kits on there mate, put a link to ones your looking at and im sure we can help

i got my kit off ebay and its pretty good! couple of weird features like when you open the doors, the hazards flash lol, but ive got used to that

I boughta setoff ebay ages a go for my K10 also got an electric window kit and a new alarm!

Still haven't installed as the instructions looked like they'd been put through a translater (and not a great one at that) If anyone has done any f these wit a bit of time could do me a favourand do a guide for someone that hasn't got a clue!

i bought a keyless central locking kit from ebay, still havnt installed it.
the wiring diagram is good as all the wires are color coded and connected already its just a case of running them in.
however mounting the motors u have no reference of where to even start, unless someone has pics it looks asif im paying someone to install mine.
so unless your good at things like that id be wary.

the kit off maplins i can say is very good and VERY quite, as i have fitted them to a suzuki cappocino and when it was finished we couldnt even hear them working thats how quite they are

just remember to get the actuators in the right angle or you will have problems like the passenger door not locking when you lock the drivers door etc

i have just been doing a little search at work, cos im bored outta me mind,
i have found this little link for people who want to install central locking, its not for a micra but gives u a general idea of what all the bits you get in your kit are for. also the motors being installed in the guide are the same as the ones i got in my kit from ebay so here you go

http://www.miata.net/garage/pwrlock.htm

im looking at the one in maplins and its amazing for £22 but i want something remote....anyone know if i could make one remote ?

stu0500 said:
hi mick, i put a locking kit in my car, i got it from maplins , once the motors are in place its easy all the way, just make sure u start doing it in the morning when you know you have nothing planned! welding rod comes in usefull when ur feeding the cables.

stu

The ones I was looking at arnt there anymore, but it was pretty much identicle to this only specifically for a micra:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Remo...600764487QQcategoryZ10404QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks exactly the same anyway.

im going to invest in a Clifford Alarm with Remote Start etc so i can start and warm the car up in the morning and leave it running with alarm on and if someone tries to nick it it will cut engine off :) central locking too with it :) Lovely bubbly :D

thing is thought might cost me a lot because people will come upto it and think oooh nobody in it and oooh its running so Smash a window and try and drive off. One window smashed lol. :(

I bought a cheap central locking kit off ebay, and a cheap remote alarm kit...

Ed managed to wire the two together so i now have remote central locking. Im sure its possible with most alarms if you know what you're doing.. the wiring diagram / instructions were a mare to understand tho

Andy_S said:
im going to invest in a Clifford Alarm with Remote Start etc so i can start and warm the car up in the morning and leave it running with alarm on and if someone tries to nick it it will cut engine off :) central locking too with it :) Lovely bubbly :D
clifford are ####! ive got a toad on my micra. ive got a clifford on my subaru. its ok, but plays up like mad,and goes off when the microwave is on!

Back