Easy improvements

I bought my Y reg K11 facelift a few months ago as my first car. It's done about 60 thousand miles. I got an absolute bargain on it, £350. I've seen these cars go for between 3-4 times as much as I paid. It had some scratches and dents that I fixed myself. I'm now considering a few upgrades to try and make sure I get the greatest profit I can on resale, but being my first car it's the first time I've done anything like this. Any advice and links to parts would be welcome. I was thinking maybe of improving the brakes, hoping that the improved safety will nudge a first time buyer (Or worried parent) into buying. Any cheap tyres and alloys that'd fit right away would be welcome, as the current wheels and tyres don't match.

Is it 4 spark plugs I need ( I can't be bothered going out in the cold, since the chances are someone will know this off the top of their head), and is it perfectly safe to remove the air resonate chamber?

Is it 4 spark plugs I need ( I can't be bothered going out in the cold, since the chances are someone will know this off the top of their head), and is it perfectly safe to remove the air resonate chamber?

Yes 4 spark plugs. And do you mean the airbox? If you do, then no. It contains the air filter which is necessary for...well filtering sh*t from the air. If you were gonna remove it, youd need to fit a cone filter or induction kit.

I only removed them and I can feel a difference in first through to third. Sounds pretty sweet too. I'm gonna fit a new exhaust sometime before my MOT in January as the current one is on it's way out. Would anyone recommend a specific air filter?

Back