e.c.u

cant find this question asked before but, my 't' reg 1.3 (face lift) keeps forgeting the code for the imobilizer, its been recoded twice it cant be the key i think because both keys dont work so is it e.c.u? and all scrap yards round me only have 1.0L e.c.u's. will a 1.0L e.c.u work on a 1.3? i been told it will but am not sure. thanks

I'm pretty sure to run another ECU you will also need the corresponding key chips and little black NATS box all from the same car. Someone correct me if im wrong? :)

thanks, is the NATS box near th ecu, or could it be the NATS box, because theres somtimes clicking coming from the dash like it does when you switch egnition on, even when it did run for a bit after keys were coded the other weekk.

nissan say it will cost 600 for an ECU and 800 to fit!!! i like scrapyards

thanks, is the NATS box near th ecu, or could it be the NATS box, because theres somtimes clicking coming from the dash like it does when you switch egnition on, even when it did run for a bit after keys were coded the other weekk.

I'm not too sure about the clicking. But the NATS box is located under the steering column on Almera's and im willing to bet it is the same for Micras. Its about the size of a pack of playing cards.

I think i have an ecu and pick up ring from a v reg 1.3 around somewhere i will try to hunt them out....im nearly certain that they changed them from previous versions ...

broken ignition switch has those clik cliking too and eng warn lights up
try to hear the cliking if its coming from near steering plastic suround

thanks everyone, i'll prob get E,C,U, NATS box an risponder just to be sure, it needs doing asap an the scrapys round here only open half day sat. an its 20 mile (a long walk!!!).

If all else fails I supply ECUs to bypass NATS on the K11 :)

Any chance of some details on this? Prices, technical details etc.

I'm looking at retro-fitting a CG13 in a different car so management is going to be an issue. If I transfer the whole Nisan system then I've got to either transfer NATS or find a way to get rid.

Iain

Back