Duuurty fuel

Shero

Ex. Club Member
So i finaly got some of my uni stuff finished and can play with the new car.
Problem is that theres mega dirty fule in it.

I took the access plate under the rear seat out and the tank looks fine theres no crap in there, but before i connected the new fuel filter up i pumped some through the lines into a bottle and its picking up manky stuff between the tank and before it would go into the filter.

Does anyone have any ideas? and also, when it's sitting at idle it will run fine but when you drive it just splutters and dies. Im guessing the injectors are clogged up, if they are are they for the bin.

Anyone tips or has anyone used any flushes I can try? or any info on getting the fuel system sparkling again! or am I looking at replacing the lot???

Cheers people. :D

i was having the same trouble a couple a weeks ago , i tryed everything to cure it, in the end i went down to my local spares dealer and bought a few of those clear/see through in line fuel filters as soon as i put one on i could see the fuel coming through on idle . i changed the filter 3 or 4 times to cure it . I found it was all the grime in the petrol pipes .

Have you checked the filter on the bottom of your fuel pump aswell cause mine was a bit dirty .

Cool cheers, no ive not cheked that yet, ill do that tonite, im getting a fule line flush later and ill pump it through to try and clean it, I think the guy i got it from used to drive it till the tank was totaly empty and it just gatherd up lots of crap in the lines.

Could it have done any major damage to the engine because obviously if theres dirt and stuff its not the best for the internals?

Get some injector cleaner and take it for a thrash

And no, I don't want to/care about the debate of the cleaner being paraffin/kerosine/brake fluid/fairy pee etc.

I had this on my bike, after I cleared the fuel tank with petrol I cleared the hoses with an airline and got loads of crap out, then I just kept replacing the filters til the fuel was coming out clean. It cost me about £10 in fuel but was worth it

what i did on my k10, was disconnect the fuel lines at the tank and in the engine bay and blew them through with the compressor, cleaned the out real good then took out the sender unit and blew that out, it worked a treat

Back