Distributor timing/ Fuel economy

CMF_Lx_Micra

» CMF Member
hey guys
I changed distributor a little while back bought a second hand one from the wreckers $80. I installed it works well the only issue is that ever since then ive been doing 360km on a 35liters whereas before i was doing about 400km on 35 liters. So i asked around at work today for a timing light and the guys gona bring it in for me tomorrow. Now how do i set the timing what am i looking for. i know i have to loosen the distributor and rotate to align the timing.

So can anyone run me through the steps.

how can i get my Fuel economy higher, these are the things ive done

Resolder the throttle body
check the pot on the throttle and adjust to 5kohm from memory
bought new K and N standard Air Filter
Bought an NGK oxygen sensor
pumped up the tires 14 inch to 32 psi

things i havent done
adjust the distributor timing
cold air intake.
check the temperature sensor (any pics of it)(What resistance and at what temperatures am i looking for)

What distance are ppl traveling in there micras Quote KM and Liters please so i can compare.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Hey mate,

I can't really help you with any of the technical stuff, but I usually average somewhere between 500km and 540km a tank regular city driving for work and back.

The best I have had lately was last week. I managed 575km on 35 litres, but that was during the school holidays where rush hour traffic is a lot less than usual, and there was a 60km highway trip in there too.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Lx_Micra WROTE:
Now how do i set the timing what am i looking for. i know i have to loosen the distributor and rotate to align the timing.

So can anyone run me through the steps.

you clip it onto #1 pluglead, and the last but one mark on the crankpulley should line up
(1st notch is 5deg after top dead, 2nd one is tdc etc)
and remove the tps plug on the throttlebody btw :)

frank

Back