dropped a valve :-(

M

micra_B

got the car serviced last week and it was running on 3cylenders but the mechanic thought it was my distributor cap/rotor arm so we got them replaced. The mechanic came round 2day and said it has dropped a valve.
he says it will cost around £100-£150 to fix the problem i was just wondering if this was a good price?

cheers

B

thats removing the head fitting new valves etc. I would say thats a fair price tbh. Put it this way I wouldn't want to charge any less to do that myself.

Ed

right people could u give me some advice. im going 2 put a 1.3 engine into my 1.0 k11 its a 1995 n reg and doesnt have NATS.
is this just a straight swap or do i have 2 change the gearbox aswell?

cheers

B

You will not need a 1.3 gbox as such, you can use the 1l stuff, but once you start modding it can disintergrate. For the 1.3 gbox you need all the 1.3 box mounts, but other than that, it is as straight out, straight in as it get s really

The housing of the boxes are different from the 1litre and the 1.3 are they not tho Craig? Iv always been lead to think this.

There isnt much point in staying with the 1L box anyway as its not the strongest of boxes to start with and as u said before once you mod it, the box will collapse, theres not much hope for a 1L box handling 115bhp+ is there?

Daz :alien:

Back