PCV Valve Hose?

NiteSite

Ex. Club Member
When I got my car it had a pipercross cone filter instead of the original panel filter and I have noticed I've got 2 random pipes/hoses not connected to anything, just wondered where they should go and if it's anything to worry about?

Quick flick through the Haynes says one of these is PCV valve hose?

I don't have a clue! :blush: :p

Anyone? :D

yeah mate, i got a pipercross too and i just left em hangin, doesnt seem to be doing me any bother

dont exactly know what they are for but there just breather pipes ,it doesn't mention doing anything with them in the instructions you get with k&n cone filter either,dont worry bout it mine are jus hangin around too(not near moving parts that is)

The Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve is an emissions control device that routes unburned crankcase blowby gases back into the intake manifold where they can be reburned. The PCV system is one of the oldest emission control devices, and also one of the most beneficial. Besides totally eliminating crankcase emissions as a source of air pollution, the constant recirculation of air through the crankcase helps remove moisture which otherwise would cause sludge to form. Thus the PCV valve extends the life of the oil and engine.

Well it's not done any harm so far! I Just don't like random pipes everywhere lol

Back