Don't push your ignition timing too much !!!

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
Because things get ugly

Attachments

• 83487.jpg
    83487.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 14

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
N/A cg13de with cg10 pistons and MegaSquirt ECU.I watched from someone's dyno tuned ignition map and started at 42 degrees if i remember corecctly.Then as we started to decrease it at 26 degrees the knocking was almost gone , and when i pulled over i was a Subaru :D.It ran like that from november till 2 days ago

CMF_demonical

» CMF Member
Well im not a tuner , i just shared what hapenned to me.It's depending on your compression ratio and alot of different thhings.

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Nasty!

The often spoken phrase, 'there are tuners and there are tooners', holds quite a bit of truth.

What was the spec of the engine and what rpm were you pulling?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
demonical WROTE:

"N/A cg13de with cg10 pistons and MegaSquirt ECU.I watched from someone's dyno tuned ignition map and started at 42 degrees if i remember corecctly.Then as we started to decrease it at 26 degrees the knocking was almost gone , and when i pulled over i was a Subaru :D.It ran like that from november till 2 days ago

...why did you start at 42 degrees BTDC? No wonder it was knocking/pinging! Are you trying to say that you started with someone else's tuned ignition map as a base?

I recently go told that if you can hear knocking by ear without any special tools (<a href="http://theknockbox.com.au/the-knock-box/pro-tuner/">knock box</a>, etc.) then it's likely already too late to avoid permanent damage.

---dens

Back