Ignition switch and push button start.

Hey guys, I've bought an ignition switch and push button start unit for my 2000 model k11 rally project. I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these and if there's anywhere I can find a wiring diagram for my ignition barrel? Any advice would be much appreciated??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
Hey guys, I've bought an ignition switch and push button start unit for my 2000 model k11 rally project. I was wondering if anyone has installed one of these and if there's anywhere I can find a wiring diagram for my ignition barrel? Any advice would be much appreciated??

Was after this once too, closest i got too was removing steering housing and through haynes tried figuring out which wire out of the zip tied bunch running through the steering column. Then gave up and thought of physically wiring directly a ground to the positive wire on the starter motor directly that would have worked i guess. But still remained in hope of doing it..

OP
OP
samjdm
Ahaa Fair enough....sounds like a mare of a job. So does the Haynes Manuel show a wiring diagram for the barrel?? I've heard of people just fitting a push button start and in there case they've just tapped into the existing wires running to the barrel.. But as I've bought a unit I'd like to remove the ignition barrel completely....doesn't sound as easy as I thought it would be but il find a way hopefully :)

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Ahaa Fair enough....sounds like a mare of a job. So does the Haynes Manuel show a wiring diagram for the barrel?? I've heard of people just fitting a push button start and in there case they've just tapped into the existing wires running to the barrel.. But as I've bought a unit I'd like to remove the ignition barrel completely....doesn't sound as easy as I thought it would be but il find a way hopefully :)

I'd imagine if you're fully swapping the barrel then you'd need a two-stage switch for the ignition, so that you get past accessory and onto the 'on' position. I'll warn you though, there are times where the once very exciting novelty of a start button does wear off, my civic has a big shiny red one that glows in the dark :p

OP
OP
samjdm
Yeah Ive bought a unit which has the switch and then a separate button to start.ive seen a few threads of other people doing it but they don't go into much detail lol ahaa have you...bet it's swarve in the civ mate :) cheers for the help guys wish me luck I'm gonna have a go today:)

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Yeah Ive bought a unit which has the switch and then a separate button to start.ive seen a few threads of other people doing it but they don't go into much detail lol ahaa have you...bet it's swarve in the civ mate :) cheers for the help guys wish me luck I'm gonna have a go today:)

I've had it for over a month now and when I'm in a hurry I still jump in, and nearly snap my key trying to turn it to the start position haha! How did the install go?