does anyone make banded steels on here?

as the title says, can anyone on here make them up? is anyone running them? im looking for some in the next month or 2.
idealy id like the standard 13 inch steelies banded on the outside by about 2 inches to give a mahosive dish on them. they keep the standard off set etc and look frickin awsome. anyone wanna make me some or know anyone who makes them?

You'll keep the standard back space. The offset will change.

jamesp (via RR) is generally regarded as the man to have on it.

jhjg003.jpg

sweet. i know i meant i want to keep the back space as it is. standard steels are are 13x5 arent they? im think they would look sick 13x7 on the micra never seen banded wide steels on them before except franks steels. is this guy only on retro rides or is he on here to?

ive seen the wellers for 50 quid per wheel which i think is real fair and there quite rare too. im tossing between wellers and bands. from what ive read, bands are perfectly safe its just a case of how good the weld is as in is there any pin holes for the air to escape. id have a bash my self but cant as i dont have a jig. personally i prefer the look of the steels over the wellers sheerly because when the steels are banded you get the proper dish look. wheree are polly motorsport based, do they have a website? thanks for the fast replies

The wheels jamesp supplies see action on the oval getting chucked into post and wire fencing on hot rods and super stox and the like. He builds a good wheel and has a very good reputation for a reason. £40 per wheel is not to be sniffed at, try getting a quote like that from widewheels or bandedsteels.com.

The only problems with the safety of banded steels are when they have been snotted together by Stevie Wonder waving his porta mig in their general direction.

ive seen the wellers for 50 quid per wheel which i think is real fair and there quite rare too. im tossing between wellers and bands. from what ive read, bands are perfectly safe its just a case of how good the weld is as in is there any pin holes for the air to escape. id have a bash my self but cant as i dont have a jig. personally i prefer the look of the steels over the wellers sheerly because when the steels are banded you get the proper dish look. wheree are polly motorsport based, do they have a website? thanks for the fast replies
http://www.polleymotorsport.co.uk/polley/index.asp
Wellers do look like wide steelies? They ain't the triangly spoked wheels that they were

i know ive seen wellers and theve came along way, but i stil prefer banded steels.

and mark ive just had a look at his thread on rr and its a bargain at 40 quid per wheel. and the response he got on there is really good so i may give him ago.

if i go down that route itll cost no more than 200 quid which is pretty good for something rare(at least on a micra) and that ill be happy to roll on.

also before some people start saying im just being cheap, im not i can afford the like of alley cats and all other wheels is just personal preference :) dam i dont mean to sound like a **** haha

steels look far better when they are banded at the outer rim imo, rather than where they are usually banded at the inner well (that wider well also making the tyre inflation awkward)

Attachments

• SDC10918.JPG
    SDC10918.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 1,253
when you say outer rim to you meen the arch side of the rim as id like the arch side banded 2 inches? id like the inner(strut side) to stay normal unmodified :)

who did yours frank? :) by the way the top 2 pics aint working for me :(

when you say outer rim to you meen the arch side of the rim as id like the arch side banded 2 inches? id like the inner(strut side) to stay normal unmodified :)

who did yours frank? :) by the way the top 2 pics aint working for me :(

they usually band the inner well like this eh, but that gives an ugly (in my opinion) step inside the rim, and that previous pic is two 5 x 13 wheels cut and shut to make one 6.5 x 13

Attachments

• SDC10796.JPG
    SDC10796.JPG
    265.3 KB · Views: 1,456
I know what you mean wide steelies look cool on a Micra! I've been on and off the idea of getting some wellers, I'm going wellers because I don't trust anything anyone has done on my car I do everything myself, I'd be paranoid all the time

yeah thats cool frank much rather prefer your method. did you make yours yourself? also dude im gunna have to put that mani on hold just lost my job although i have a interview next thursday so shouldnt be too long mate. if someone else wants it pass it on mate. would you make me another thought when i get this job situation sorted?

gtsnissanb i know how you meen mate im the same. i'll end up makin my mind up eventually haha. im set on steels of some sort though.

yeah thats cool frank much rather prefer your method. did you make yours yourself? also dude im gunna have to put that mani on hold just lost my job although i have a interview next thursday so shouldnt be too long mate. if someone else wants it pass it on mate. would you make me another thought when i get this job situation sorted?

np mate :) and doing the wide ones was a bit of a mission tbh, but just reversing the middles is far easier, here,s my 14,s with an et of 10 on the front and 0 on the back

Attachments

• SDC11802.JPG
    SDC11802.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,302
np mate :) and doing the wide ones was a bit of a mission tbh, but just reversing the middles is far easier, here,s my 14,s with an et of 10 on the front and 0 on the back

Reversing the Middles I thought would be a good plan, how did you go about it did it balance up ok?

Reversing the Middles I thought would be a good plan, how did you go about it did it balance up ok?

they,re pretty idiot-proof, the middles are a very very tight fit in the rims, you could actually drive the car without rewelding them, (not recommended :p)

haha cool stuff. im guessin by reversing the middle you aint making them wider though. but they do look super good

yeh, 14 x 5, here,s my only remaining two 13 x 6.5 cut-n-shut ones for the 1/4 mile

Attachments

• SDC11873.JPG
    SDC11873.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 773
Back