do people think this looks cool?

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
what does everyone reckon to my new micra?
P1010042-1.jpg

P1010043.jpg
[/quote]
P1010037.jpg

cost so far is £400 including buying the car!

dan

CMF_squarepants

» CMF Member
fred WROTE:

"nice red and black detailing.... what happened to the green monsta?<BR>

i crashed it into a wall and went down a ditch, i had to replace the steering rack, hub and shock, wing, and headlight and a door. and the rear 1/4 got scuffed...

but i ran it for a few months for work. brought this and then i broke it for bits.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
squarepants WROTE:

"do people think this looks cool?"

This will sound a little harsh, but not really, no.

In my opinion, the guards should be in line with the top of the tyre, if not tucked within the guards, before thinking about putting "splitters" or "spoilers" on front, sides or rear. I personally prefer to see a cleaner, stock car that's simply lowered rather than one that's high with a big kit on it. I realise yours has been lowered (and more than most in the UK seem to) but I like them loooow :) Note, this is for street cars, rally cars are another story.

Not a big fan of the niteshade (spray on-tint) as it tends to look bad with the matte finish if not done properly (fine sanding with clear coat on top) and does reduce light that they put out. That said I do remember putting tinted lights on my lego cars when I was very young.. I remember seeing it mostly on commodores back in the early 90's but most people don't tend to do it here anymore as police down here tend to deem your car unroadworthy, with good cause.

Given the question I assume you're asking for people's opinions so please don't take it personally - it's just my opinion.

That said, I do like the Red/Black colour scheme you've got going there. Not a bad idea.

Edit: Also, ditch the rear mudflaps, but I'd keep the front ones as they tend to reduce the amount of crap flung up onto the doors.

---dens

Back