Distributor

If whoever you bought it off got it from a motorfactors (such as mon&border), then it should work on your 1993 micra, if its the same size etc. Check that the insides are the same as your old distrubuter cap as well. Im not sure if non-nissan distrubters work as well as genuine nissan ones, as my car hasnt had the distributer cap changed before.

If you are chaning the HT leads as well (leads going from Distrubuter to spark plugs) make sure you buy genuine "bougicord" leads, as apperently others dont work as well, or i have even seen some that dont fit the engine properly!

I once fitted a motor factor cap and rotor arm and had all kinds of misfiring problems, especially when it was wet. Nissan parts are not fabulous but they are notably better quality, shielded rotor arms for example. Could be just my luck, but I always spend that little extra and buy from Nissan.

It will work, but I wouldnt personally go anything but Nissan genuine, I just bought one myself that was only £24 for a proper item, the real Nissan ones are now made by Hitachi rather than the nasty Lucas caps.

I have a secondhand non-misfiring (replaced because I am too fussy) cap you can have if you are nearby.

Back