Lowering springs

guessing you already bought them?

they should be ok if they are what the ad states them to be. depends what you were after performance or looks

:)

other half went ahead and bought them lol

We want them for looks mainly, we now have some 15" rims and don't want it to look silly basically so a lot of people advised to get it lowered.

just a quick question (hopefully) umm, it seems uve only bought the springs?

hopefully i wont put u off fitting them and someone can tell me im wrong, but if u only "add the springs and dont upgradethe original, dampers / coilovers? the springs wont last that long cause there under pressure more?"

sorry bout that, but im just checking cause i wanted to lower my car, but i wasnt planning on paying "£380" on a complete racing set with springs and dampers :)

napster

If your getting a 35mm you should get away using standard shocks for while but eventually they will ware out quicker, my standard shocks on my old K11 started sqeeking after about 4 months after getting a 35mm drop, but other peoples have lasted a few years. If your going any lower than 35mm it would be highly recommended to get uprated shocks as well. Idealy you should replace the shocks for a 35mm drop, but its not totally necessary, for the moment anyway.....

don't plan on going any lower than 35mm so they should be ok. I hope lol.

will uprate the shocks at a later date. Does it cost much to get the shocks uprated?

the dampers will wear out quicker but it will take a while, they will prob last bout half the time they would normally. nothing to go mental bout though. matt humpries can supply you with the bilstein kit with eibach springs which is bout 300 all in. mine are coming today hopefully (cue smug grin)

Haylz said:
don't plan on going any lower than 35mm so they should be ok. I hope lol.

will uprate the shocks at a later date. Does it cost much to get the shocks uprated?

I got my KYB gas shocks for 150

Interesting about the shocks. Can anyone tell me why the shocks wear quicker with lowering springs?
Unless they're bottoming out (which they shouldn't be) then they're doing the same job, admittedly with less extension.
Does the internal pressure increase as they're compressed causing more wear? I thought normal gas shocks had a constant pressure/damping force.

Sorry bout the questions i'm just struggling to see it!

Napster said:
\

but if u only "add the springs and dont upgradethe original, dampers / coilovers? the springs wont last that long cause there under pressure more?"

napster

If you actually mean that the springs will wear out more.. they wont... Because of their nature they will easily outlast the lifetime of the car.. they need to be stretched or cut or damaged in some severe way to be damaged..

In terms of how lowering your car shortens the life of the standard shocks..

I think that is something to do with 'turnaround rate', that is is much more with lowering springs with progressive rate, that standard

correct me if im wrong..

Back