Distributor cap help?!

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
Sup guys, need to know what dizzy cap I need for my k11, it is misfiring real bad so broke down, AA came out and diagnosed a crack in dizzy cap and that's reason for misfiring, and the contacts were viruses so spark kept bouncing, so he cleaned it all up for me and used industrial size cable tie to close the crack a little, much better now, still misfires now n then through the revs etc, but gonna sort it tomorrow, so... Looking g on halfoeds, they do loads of them, but there's all diff numbers and codes, what do I need? It's a facelift micra k11 1998

Here's the part number for dizzy cap

Cap distributor, 2216299B00

I wouldn't worry too much, the 1.0 and 1.3 have the same part number :)

nice one guys!! got one for the car now :D just removed old one with some nice cuts on my hand... ouch.. haha

replaced cracked corroded dizzy cap with brand new one, all in place on nice n tight but still sounds like a harley davidson during idle and low revs!

well the AA guy came yest when i broke down in middle of road and he asked me to start it, and when he pulled each plug out individually, it sort of sounded like it went all droney, power loss sound and when he put back in, idle picked back up again

Did you disconnect/reconnect leads one at a time in same position or pull all leads off at once and rely on memory to reconnect them? ;)

well the AA guy came yest when i broke down in middle of road and he asked me to start it, and when he pulled each plug out individually, it sort of sounded like it went all droney, power loss sound and when he put back in, idle picked back up again
that was before you fitted the cap tho eh, did you try what i said ?

Back