Display Bottle

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Some may already know what my new addition/mod is,if you've seen the pic on my Facebook. Anyway...as i'm crazed by Monster Energy....i laughed one day and said "wouldnt it be cool if i had a GIANT monster can in my car"...

So me being me....made some enquiries and managed to get hold of an empty Fire Extinguisher bottle. A week later,it was prepped and sprayed,and the graphics added:

14733_357313395310_791575310_9927876_7061636_n.jpg

I'm having a holder made at the moment made in satin steel? (to match my rear Strut Brace...sort of looks brushed aluminium). So today i had the idea of illuminating the bottle,so picked up some of these in White:

!BdpH1kwBmk~$(KGrHqMH-CMEret!,M9zBK50(+cH3!~~_1.JPG

Now...the reason of this thread...is i need help on wiring these in. I DONT want to use a switch. Ideally...i wanna use something that turns on by the ignition or light switch.

I was thinking of using my Amp or splicing into my rear lights. If i decide to use the amp...will the LEDs turn off with the ignition? Or will there be a permanant live?

Im not sure if anything from the rear comes on with the ignition as in doesnt need to be switched on when the ignition is on unless you only want it on when its dark and you have the lights on. you could wire it too the boot light? or take a feed from the dash like the cig lighter? the amp will have a constant live feed.

I'd put it onto the Remote terminal of the amp. As when the headunit switches the Amp on...it'll turn the LEDs on.

If i put it on the main Power feed on the Amp (+) they WILL be a constant live feed.

Thats what i was thinking lol...

Thats why i suggested putting it to the Rear Light feed...as when i turn my lights on the LEDs will come on. But if something goes...it'll take the circuit with it.

But i dont want my car full of switches...which is the problem :(

Thats what i was thinking lol...

Thats why i suggested putting it to the Rear Light feed...as when i turn my lights on the LEDs will come on. But if something goes...it'll take the circuit with it.

But i dont want my car full of switches...which is the problem :(

wired up some uv leds to my remote switch on my amp and turns on with the amp fine i have 6 leds 3 on each side (Y)

DSCF0908.jpg

dont forget to test out the voltage etc. though just in case you need resistors

Here we go again, Chris I can get you either a smartcom relay that provides power at a voltage you choose or a DRL ignition box so when you start your vehicle it puts power to what ever you need, only need 2 wires to the battery thats it.

Ah right cool, wouldn't it of been better to have the work done on a full one so it serves a purpous or do you have plans for this one?

I just wanted a display bottle....as weird as it sounds...i dont want anything else done with it.

I wouldnt mind a purge kit...but i just dont have the spare cash....plus money could be used else where :)

Fair play to ya, couldn't you make your own purge kit?
there's a civic round mine that has the monster logo on the petrol flap with skulls air brushed in the background... Looks mint

just use the head unit feed to the amp, it will be fore than enough i would have thought after all its only a few led's

Hiya mate, managed to find one I'll get it off to you tomorrow, I believe there is one more royal mail collection before 12pm. Can you PM me your address please Chris.

Back