Door cards rattling?

D

djdoddy00

I'd just like to say hi to everyone at the forums and that this is a great site that I've followed for awhile and I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the forum! I couldn't find any information on this so i thought id post.

I replaced the speakers in the car about a year ago with pioneer ones and put a pioneer headunit in. The thing thats really doing my head in though is the doorcards are rattling! I just wondered if anyone knew any ways of securing them to prevent this. Its definately not the speakers themselves being overstretched because putting pressure on the door cards reduces the rattling.

Also i was looking at making a parcel shelf to put 6x9s in and i just wanted to know what the best material (MDF, ply?) is and where i can get the carpeting material from to cover it.
Cheers

ok, door cards, pad the back of them, spray mount some thin foam, rattle = gone.

next, parcel shelf, id use mdf as its easy but there are better materials outthere, cant remember the name off the top of my head tho, sure somone else will fill you in on that.

Material, boyes, motorworld, halfords, fabric shops etc.

hope that helps a little.

your door cards should have clips on them, they should simply click back in...if not then use some sort of adhesive, mdf is the best for the parcel shelf btw

thanks a bunch for the tips ill try foaming the back of the door card see if that helps. All the clips are definately clipped in, checked that one. Gonna get a peice of mdf soon then and make a parcel shelf.

Any examples of what foam I could use to do the doors? Been looking around and im not sure what im looking for here.

When there was a rattle on my door it was because one of the central locking acuators were a bit loose... so screwed that down... Dynamat helped as well... that reduces the rattle and improves the sound..

Back