Different bonnet ideas!

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Come to a point that I want a different design now :) I've had a rusty bonnet for a while, having a new idea about some vinyl wood but I'm unsure!

Post up your opinions and thoughts guys :) maybe you've seen some good examples not really used often...

I reckon chalkboard paint and have some chalk on a string so anyone can write something on it in chalk! Would be good fun at meets and is easy enough to do with a roller!

a serious suggestion of what NOT to do! saw this at Brands Hatch at a BSB test day.
394287_10150680667974235_1382349820_n.jpg

Buy a few assorted copies of InitialD/Wangan Midnight to decoupage the bonnet. A bit like buying a b&W stickerbomb sheet but requireing some effort.

Grubby magazine decopage - Mayfair/Parade etc

Go to Hobby Craft and check out the various fablon vinyl rolls they have there.

Cover in PVA and a shed load of Glitter

Cover in Garbage Pail Kids stickers (Back to the old school... Yo!)

Commision a printed vinyl of your choosing - there's an awesome Triumph Toledo with album covers on the roof. big manga girlie maybe

Fix an actual micro scalextric track and scenery to the bonnet to race wherever you stop or maybe a Tech deck park

Jackson Pollock style splatter paint - wheel centres to match.

Stone effect paint

Reproduce the Great Wave of Kanagawa yourself.

Glue micro machines all over.

Re fit the white one, wash and polish occasionally and remember that you don't own a VW :)

a serious suggestion of what NOT to do! saw this at Brands Hatch at a BSB test day.

Oh dear, is it wrong, then, that the astro turf looks awesome to me! LOL

I think Marks Jackson pollock idea sounds good...drizzle and splat some black and white hammerite then overlay with a layer of laquer?

Back