Difference with K11 "s"

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
What features does the K11 (S) have that the others dont?

Power steering, Electric windows etc???

Just wondering

mines a 1.0 litre inspiration, i have power steering but no electric windows, air con, lockable fuel cap not popable. There are some models of the inspiration that come with air con and poppable fuel cap

I dont know what spec my 1992 1.3 March equates to, but it came with electric windows, central locking, power steering, rev counter, air con, petrol cap popper, boot popper, front fogs, tailgate spoiler, factory 14" alloys, a factory fitted immobiliser what i believe are super s or maybe s seats, and for some reason front brakes which appear to be from a sunny. :grinning:

Got a nice k11 with everything as standard. :love: selling it now though as i have my eye on something else.o_O

:k11motors
D4R73N said:
Looks Nice,

But out of interest, Would the K11 1.0 'S', be quicker than my old K10 1.2 'GS'?

Put it this way - i had a tussle with Wayne on the M74 into Glasgow when
i had my 1.0 ltr, and he cuffed me in his K10 super S.

And i had a K&N also!!

Titch said:
:k11motors

Put it this way - i had a tussle with Wayne on the M74 into Glasgow when
i had my 1.0 ltr, and he cuffed me in his K10 super S.

And i had a K&N also!!

But thats a Super S...That would Kill a 1.2 GS Easy...

a K11 (S) is just a standard facelift K11, i think. Mines a K11 S and its facelift, it has no fancy features, comes with power steering tho.

is the S just a rebadge of an L?

Specs of my SR 96 Badge.

ABS
PAS
Boot and fuel cap popper
Front fogs
sport seats (well it did have ;) )
rear speakers
ellecy windows
rear pop open windows
Alloy wheels
Driver Air Bag
SR bumpers

very nippy car - more torque than my 1ltr LX WAVE

The pre-facelift S is a kind of 1.0 version of the 1.3 SR without the sports seats or front driving lamps. Colour coded though, and if by going with the pic in your other thread, has green dials with a rev counter in :)

James said:
The pre-facelift S is a kind of 1.0 version of the 1.3 SR without the sports seats or front driving lamps. Colour coded though, and if by going with the pic in your other thread, has green dials with a rev counter in :)

Well yeah...i bought it lol, qand its much better than what i have now...

James said:

It is basically a 1l SR without some of the better extras; alloys, seats, bumpers, some don't have spoilers neither

Mine has a spoiler, bumpers, Sunroof, Central locking, Airbags, Rev Counter...

I Will put alloys on it... but i took one look and fell in love...lol

D4R73N said:
Mine has a spoiler, bumpers, Sunroof, Central locking, Airbags, Rev Counter...

I Will put alloys on it... but i took one look and fell in love...lol
Yeah, K11s can have that effect on you - that's what happened when I went to see mine :)

LoL, Most my mates are saying its a granny car, but with a SLIGHT bit of work, some skirts and bumper spoilers, it'll look lush...

No it wouldn't it would be slower standard because it has all the emissions stuff onboard.

As for the figures, I'm afraid a 1.2 would be quicker - 60bhp opposed to 55bhp on the K11. But those figures can be changed with some mods :)

James.

So did I :p

Standard, I'm sure Mark will agree with me here, the 1.2 Super S is slower than a normal K10 1.2 because of the cat and emissions stuff.

Of course, remove it and start modifying it and you break 17 second qtr miles :)

i would say that a 1.0 k11 would be about the same as 1.2k10 or if not the k11 should be abit quicker because its alot newer then the k10.

Just took my car for a test drive today, and its quicker than what i have currently, it even accelerates from 30-60 in i woulkd say less than 5 seconds, where i would say my k10 would do in 6-7

D4R73N said:
But thats a Super S...That would Kill a 1.2 GS Easy...

Why would it? K10 Super S's have nothing special under the bonnet! And as standard they have ECC's which actually slow them down so as standard, a 1.2 GS would probably beat the Super S.

Back