deep puddle... car not working :(

well as post sort of explains, i went through a deep puddle in glasgow as we had a freak storm, was only way home so had to do it :(

well did wat i was supposed to do, high revs n slow speed but still got trouble

the wont idle well n under acceleration it chugs n huffs n puffs!

wat can i do to sort this out? plus spossible damage ?

thanks alot pepper

mine did this after i got bored one day and took it through a big ford (not of the fiesta variety lol) but after a few days it kinda got back to normal again.

hope its nothing serious...

check the pannel filter hasn't go wet,

also check that the belts arn't slipping like they did on my brother's car when he went through puddles.

try and dry the car out and check for corrotion on the wiring especially around the TB.

i'm sure it will be ok once it has dried out :)

Leave the bonnet open akll day if you can with the sun on it! Will help dry it out mate. Will probally be ok in a few days - if not i'll come through for a gander :)

thanks for help!
well it started this morn n worked as if nothin was wrong then on way home was chuckin it on hills, i spoke to my uncle n he thinks i may have flooded my cat, cause when i was on the hill facing down it i got an awful smell as though cat had went, will drive it hard n hot see if i can dry it out, well i think it will be ok

on another note if i do need to chane the TB are the 1.0 n 1.3 TBs the same?

cheers for the offer to titch :D

pepper

Aye - both TB's are the same - got a spare one here that you can try/use. Also a Ga16 one that you can try :)

get some WD40 and spray your engine with it an let it dry out, u have water in the engine - nothin to worry about - unless you are titch and need to call me for a tow home!

Daz :alien:

Back