Super S Manifold, location and end fitting.

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Well, the backbox is finally disintegrating on the Super S, big style!

So since I don't actually need a cat for MOT I was going to get a standard MA12 (non cat) exhaust fitted, my question is, will the the Super S manifold mate up fine with a non cat exhaust?
Cheers
Rich

there is a slight difference in the exhaust in general with the super s and standard k10's as the downpipe is a little different.
more people should be confirm this though before you buy!
good luck! (Y)

yes there is a difference, with the ecc system having the centre cat that mounts with flanges, whereas the non ecc ones are overfit joints, there is a way to get around it but i cant remember how i did it, i didnt need any welding either (i dont think)

your best bet would be to get a non ecc manifold and full system, (i have one with a bung welded in it for the 02 sensor)

your second best bet is to get a non ecc front pipe and weld it into the ecc front pipe so it will mate with a standard rear section.

your 3rd best bet is, go to the motor factors and look through there exhaust book, my factors could get the parts for the super s exhaust system.

on buy parts by, the ecc rear section is £32.54, the non ecc rear section is £18.15.

what are you doing with the second cat?

I forgot that there are two cats :p.
My plan was just to get rid of the big heavy one thats in the exhaust underneath, but I imagine I'll free up a tiny bit of power (it needs all it can get) by fitting a non ECC mani.

I wasn't planning to change it myself as I'm moving into my own flat this weekend and won't have time, I imagine any decent exhaust company could change it and weld a bung in if I brought all the parts in. (A scrappy near me should have a manifold that works)

Along those lines, how much do you want for your full system with bung SuperLS? (Your only 75 miles from me)

Back