Datscan: O2 Sensor

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Simple question for anybody experienced with datscan if my fuel mixture is good, what should my o2 sensor be reading in datscan?

it's reading between 82 and 92 under acceleration but when cruising it bounces between 5 ish and 90ish

also under acceleration it'll occasionally drop to 5 and come back up to the 80's and 90's again?

Any help with what I should expect appreciated

Also before I removed the cat (which will be going back in!)

When cruising with the janspeed manifold (have no data of O2 sensor)

But a/f ratio is bouncing between rich and lean?

if it goes over 1v then its broken and you need to replace it

but everything you just said is normal for a o2 sensor, you will also notice the rear sensor will switch slower than the front this is normal aswell

This is why software like datascan can be so dangerous for people who dont understand it! (no offence Phil lol ;) ) Basically K11's are fitted with narrowband sensors. They can only (accurately) read around stoitch (14.7:1) or Lambda=1 And when they are reading this youll get a swing from rich to lean about once a second- You should get this when the engine is warm at idle and on light engine loads - which by the sounds of it you are.

aaaaaaaaah. I get it now :p

So, that's the difference between wideband and narrowband? Is there a wideband lambda sensor available that I could use?

Not one that the ECU will directly understand. Read up on it, there is enough on the net.....

Yeah dude, I did actually go and read, and the 2 ways they mention is 2 temporarily use a wideband sensor for tuning the fueling then removing it and filling the whole when running. Or using it just as a tuning aid but still run the car off the narrowband lambda.

Or, use a little box of tricks that gives a narrowband signal to the ecu but can still read out wideband by connecting to the little box.

What's confusing me at the moment is that I'm not really going for serious power, so the money spent on the little box would be fairly wasted, though this does seem to be the 'proper' option.

Back