Dashboard Warning

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Is the (!) sign a warning of some sort?

its showing that and the (P) for parking brake applied when it isnt. ever since i hit a bump on the road its stayed on when handbrake is off. if i hit a bump with some speed it goes off. ECU problem or a fault on something else??

both light up like they would do when handbrake is applied. Cheers

Problem with the brakes, could be lack of fluid or something else brake related, maybe when you hit the bump in the road you damaged a brake fluid line?

could even be the handbrake switch mate, under the handbrake lever - poor connection. Check your brake fluid levels too m8.

checked brake fluids - Ok
checked rear brake lines - look ok. Will have to get it on ramp to check it out i think.

Andy_S said:
checked brake fluids - Ok
checked rear brake lines - look ok. Will have to get it on ramp to check it out i think.

on my old k11, the brake fluid had to be slightly above the max fill line on the side... if it was bang on the line the warnig light would come on...

so may be something to look at...

i checked the handbrake switch and its working fine using continuity testers.

Will check the brake fluid levels again.

Yeh the switch may be working properly, but is the wiring thats connected to it ok? is it not shorting out against the body somewhere? I had this problem with my girlfriends old punto. All brake lines were fine, fluids were fine, the switch on the reservoir was fine, i traced it back to the wiring under the carpet had become worn and was touching the floor every now and again, earthing itsel and throwin the light on.

checked everything twice and cause it was dark i miss read the brake fluid level (DUH!!!) it was just above minimum so i topped it up. Its gone off now.

First time ive had to fill it up though since i got it Jan 05 :) well impressed.

well it went off at one point but musta been a big bump in road to send the fluid up the container so the sensor picked it up.

Cheers guys! :)

when fluid level gets low you normally either need new pads soon or you have a leak somewhere. best to check

Back